Looking for a Brass teacher

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ChrisB, Jul 30, 2006.

1. ChrisB

ChrisB New Member

Hi,

My name is Christopher. I've been playing the cornet for 30 years, I started when I was about 10. I have been playing in 4th section bands all my life but I feel that I'm not making the most of my talent. I have waited all this time to be 'discovered' but opportunities always seem to pass me by. I would be very pleased if there was any one out there who would help me to realise my dream.

Chris . . . . . .

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass
    Hi
    Chris
    Christopher
    Brass teacher
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

OK, hi Chris and welcome to tMP :hi

It might also help if you informed us where you are....:) I see your profile says Cirencester, is that where you would be looking for tuition.

4. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Look at the location field in his profile! :rolleyes: :tongue:

:hi Chris!

5. ChrisB

ChrisB New Member

Hi

I'm very near Cirencester/Swindon and about half an hours drive from Cheltenham / Gloucester. Unfortunatly I'm unable to drive at the moment so i'ts got to be near to home.
    My address is EDITED ******** Please PM Chris for details Tuition in Cirencester would be ideal .

Thanks Chris . . .

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2006
  6. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Ermmm.... his address is quite clearly visible in his 'location' box! ;)

7. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

His full address was shown in the post :eek:

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- only the town and district though ;)

... exactly! :cool:

9. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Swindon on the GWR main line? You could get to London or Bristol easily, and there are certainly plenty of excellent teachers in London.

10. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Sorry to be pedantic, but at first he had his FULL postal address, complete with door number, etc, etc in display under 'location'. Its now been amended.

11. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

A ha!

I only saw the one in the post and it'd gone in the profile by the time I revisited ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass
    Hi
    Chris
    Christopher
    Brass teacher
  13. ChrisB

ChrisB New Member

Thanks for your reply,
    I'm not familiar with Bristol or London but would probably prefer Bristol, if I could not find any one nearer.

Chris.

14. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

There are a few Bristol-based brass teachers list in this list for starters....
    Also the Music Department at Bristol Uni may have a few names you could try.

15. ChrisB

ChrisB New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the link.

Found a cornet tutor on http://www.musicteachers.co.uk. Is very local, has same area code :) . Thanks...
    Chris