Looking for a brass band in Minden

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Muka, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Muka

Muka New Member

I have just moved from Kneller Hall to the Minden Band and am looking for a band to play in. I play Tenor Trom I am keen to join and play within a band.
  2. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

You might like to mention where the Minden band is based! (I am assuming it's not currently in Minden, Germany where there is no english style band to my knowledge).
  3. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

If you are at Bassingbourne,there are a few bands around the Cambridge area.There is also one in Royston.
    CubbRep...Ex Drum Major RRF
  4. Muka

Muka New Member

Do you no where abouts of the band in Royston, or contact details. I would be gratefull for any information.
    Thanks Muka
  5. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Hi there

Around you there is Royston, City of Cambridge, Soham, Newmarket and they are ones that immediately come to mind. Depends on what standard and how far you want to drive.

I suggest you speak to S/Sgt Swaep who plays tuba with the Minden Band, he is a brass band geek, and you can tell him Chunky said so!

All the best in finding a new band.
  6. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

Haverhill are not too far away either.They are a Championship band.I beleive they have a website as do most bands with good pedigree.
  7. skweeky

skweeky Member

hey tommo, good to see you on here mate. Good look at the queen's, there will be loads of bands around cambridge, don't worry. Enjoy your leave mate.