Looking for a Band Near Guildford

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Catcrnt, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Catcrnt

Catcrnt New Member

Hi

I have just recently moved to guildford and am looking for a band to play with preferably in or around guildford as I do not have a car. I play the cornet and before moving here I played in a second section band. Any information would be great.

Thank you

Cat

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Band Near Guildford
    band
    Cat
    Guildford
    car
  3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Hi Cat,
    Guildford has its own band, Friary Guildford. We're championship section and currently rehearse just up the road in Woking (lifts are always possible!). The band's website is HERE, its in the middle of an update but should still give you an idea of what we're up to. If you're interested, please contact our secretary Lauren Cave: secretary@FriaryGuildfordBand.co.uk.

Other bands close by:
    Championship: Sandhurst Silver
    1st Section: Alder Valley Brass (rehearse in Fleet), Egham
    2nd Section: Epsom & Ewell, St. Sebastian Wokingham
    3rd/4th Section: Charles Church Camberley, Cobham

I think they all have websites - try google, scaba website and the LSC Region website for more info and links.
    Good luck!

4. chill

chill Member

Hi,

Sandhurst are Championship too, we have vacancies for backrow cornets and a front row.
    We also have a non contesting band called Sandhurst community brass
    You can find more info at sandhurstband.co.uk or call me on pm me

regards
    -Chris

5. Owen S

Owen S Member

Cat,
    Friary are a good bunch. The only local bands I can think of not on Alex's list are 4th section or non-contesting bands in Godalming, Haslemere and Liss.

6. euphsrock

euphsrock Member

Hi Cat,

Would love to see you at Cobham Band!
    We have vacancies on front row or elsewhere if you wish....
    If transport is an issue I'm sure we could arrange for a pick up from the station if nothing else. Could also ask around the band and see who comes from that way.

Message me if you would like more details....