Looking for a band in the Suffolk area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by westoe_horn, Oct 10, 2012.

1. westoe_horn

westoe_horn Member

All,

I've just moved to the Ipswich area for work for the next few months and I am looking for a band to come and have a blow with.

I am a horn player who has played in the top section in the North East and but would be happy to play with any friendly and welcoming band. Also happy to sit in any seat in the section.

So if any band within reasonable travelling time has a gap in their section or would be happy for me to come along let me know.

Thanks, David.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Suffolk
    Ipswich
    North East
    section
    welcoming band
  3. T Winch

T Winch Member

Try Ipswich & Norwich Co-op David. They practice in Ipswich. Or if you fancy a drive up to Norwich I'm sure my brother would look after you at the Citadel. I didn't know you'd moved away. Is this permanent?

4. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Hi David,
    we rehearse in central Ipswich and you would be most welcome to come along. I've PM'd contact details.
    regards,
    Ian

5. westoe_horn

westoe_horn Member

Thanks Trevor. It's just a temporary thing, working away for about 6 months I think. I've only been down here a week so just finding my feet. I'm going to try and pop along to I&N when I can but I think I'll have a trip up to Norwich one Sunday when I am free. I'll fit that round going home etc.

Hope you are well and things are going okay for London!

6. westoe_horn

westoe_horn Member

Thanks Ian, that's great. I've dropped you a PM

7. Paypol

Paypol New Member

If you are free on Mondays and want to come along to a friendly band then you're welcome at Stowmarket Concert Band. We're a brass band despite the name and have full horn section but would welcome anyone to come along for a practice and drink afterwards! PM me if you'd like more details, or have a look at our website.

Polly