Looking for a band in NW

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Lostandfound, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Lostandfound

Lostandfound New Member

Hi all, I'm currently looking for a band in the North West area, I play Bb cornet most of the time, but I can and have played sop and flugel if instruments are available. I currently play front row in a strong second section band but I'm looking to start pushing my playing onto higher levels although all sections of band would be considered.

Contact by PM Many Thanks!

2. tat

tat Member

3. sywity

sywity New Member

Hi there.

Pilling Jubilee Silver band are on the look out for strong cornet/sop player....

Contact me on sywity@lycos.co.uk if you fancy coming down for a blow?:clap:

Simon Scholes
    Solo Horn
    Pilling Jubilee Silver Band

4. Barb

Barb New Member

Rainford are looking for a flugel horn player! The bands MD is a member on tmp and his username is 'NAS'. PM him for more details if your interested, im sure he'd be glad to hear from you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: .

5. hornydevil

hornydevil Member

Blackburn & Darwen Band

Hi
    Blackburn & Darwen Band are due to be promoted to the Championship Section in 2006 and are looking for a tutti cornet player. You would be most welcome to come for a blow.
    Visit our website at www.blackburnanddarwenband.co.uk
    Contact John on 01254 386372 or Mobile 07973781924 for details. :)

6. Ali

Ali Member

Why not give Dobcross a Try. We are currently looking for a 4th man down. If you are intrested then please ring Dennis Hadfield on 07957 871239.

7. i said i would help out this band if i could find any cornet players looking for a band so i'll post this msg on for you.

Blackley Band, based near manchester are really needing front row cornets and i believe the principal cornet seat would be available altho u'd have to double check that.

i went down there for a conducting audition and altho they are currently in the 4th section, they have the potential to win it at next years area if they can get the quality cornet players they require.

there new md is a lad called Adrian (Adie) Smith and his email address is adiesmith@hotmail.com

they are a really nice band, very friendly, and have some very good potential, i'd highly recommend them to any player looking for a band.

hope this is some useful info for you, and i hope adie doesnt mind me leavin his addy here, im sure he wont, he said he was keen for any help on recruiting some new players :)

good luck in finding a new band

Clive!

8. Lostandfound

Lostandfound New Member

The situation at the band I was playing with seemed to have resolved itself, but apparently not! So same again please! Thanks guys x

9. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

hi

it has been said earlier but i will confirm that the principal cornet seat in blackley band is currently available. We are a very friendly band who are in the process of rebuilding and would welcome somebody with your experience and obvious talent.

can i just say thanx to madandcrazytromboneguy for sticking to his promise.

Adie Smith
    MD Blackley Band

10. no probs mate :) , hope everythings going well over there, best of luck with any concerts/contests you have coming up and if you need a dep on trombone, bass trombone, baritone, euphonium, Bb bass, or conductor then give me a buzz and i'll be happy to help out, as long as i dont have owt on, lol, cyaround, CliVE

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    NW.
    all
    area
    most
    North West