Looking for a band in Northampton area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by picju96, Aug 28, 2006.

1. picju96

picju96 Member

Having just moved to Northampton I am looking for a band. There are two of us, both cornet players and both looking to play back row. Any section considered, although I prefer 2 or above.
    Thanks!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Northampton
    area
    Thanks
    band
    cornet players
  3. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

Not really in Northampton but if you could get to Huntingdon (about 40 minutes) I'd happily give you a lift to Ipswich for a blow.

Though, being serious (although it'd be great to welcome you), have you tried Raunds, GUS or Kibworth ?

4. Steve

Steve Active Member

Raunds everytime, 2 of the best years of my life. PM me if you want contact details.

5. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

We are currently looking for a cornet or 2, your more than welcome to come and have a blow/chat/beer on friday (7.30, Brackley Band Club).

pm or email steve.anker@jensenuk.com if you wnat more info or directions.

6. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

You are a love Steve.

I've PM'd you picju96 with our secs details. Please feel free to give her a call anytime or e-mail me lynda@pro-digital.co.uk. We rehearse tuesdays at Raunds Conservative Club 8.00pm

7. picju96

picju96 Member

Thanks everyone, I'll get in touch with the various bands!

8. david5840

david5840 New Member

david

Hi , just seen your add on here, Towcester brass band are looking for cornet players front or back row we practice on wed and mon nights at band hall.. come along for a blow . email nicholson329@btinternet.com many thanks..

9. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

I hope this is OK but Ive taken the liberty of passing this information on to my son who's just got a job at Northamptonshire Archaeology and is currently living in the centre of Northampton (no transport as yet!!) and is looking for activities other than destroying his liver. He's a trombone player for his sins but has not played for a few years in a band (Rochdale Youth)

10. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Hi, I am th Bradwell Band Milton Keynes MD, we are allways on the lookout for back row cornet players, 3rd section , happy band, rehearse Tues & Thurs, you would be very welcome.
    www.bradwellband.co.uk