Looking for a band in Leicestershire area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by rickshaw, May 21, 2006.

1. rickshaw

rickshaw Member

Having moved to the Leicester area 6 months ago, finally the 240 mile round trip to my old band has got the better and finished after the area.
    After a few months of I am starting to miss banding so lloking for a tenor horn vacany.
    Not really bothered which section or seat, just looking for freindly band.

Cheers

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Leicestershire
    Leicester
    old band
    Leicester area
    freindly band
  3. Steve

Steve Active Member

All Leicestershires bands are friendly Richard, no worries there. Specific vacancies Im not sure of but if you want a list to ring round Im sure we can get one together for you!

Where have you moved to?

4. GJacko

GJacko Member

Hi Richard
    Our band fits the bill of friendly. We're currently at the top of the 3rd section, a little below Wingates, but we'd love to see you. tuesday or Thursday, just off M1 J22. Send me a PM for details.

5. rickshaw

rickshaw Member

Moved to just of Junction 21 M1

I am quite happy to travel to band, anything within an hour /40 mile away from my house is ok.

6. TUBAWAY ARMY

TUBAWAY ARMY Member

Hi there, Riddings, 1st Section national finalists are looking for a Solo Horn player, not far off J28 of the M1, meets your criteria of being within 40 miles and friendly. PM me for details if you're interested.

Simon

7. Di

Di Active Member

8. GJacko

GJacko Member

9. Di

Di Active Member

I really don't know to be honest Graham. :redface:

10. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Hi Richard

Don't know if you are still looking but The West Mercia Police Band are looking for players. We are a friendly bunch and Enjoy making the best music we can.

We only practice once a week on a Monday 7.45 - 10.00

We are currently working towards Wychavon Contest and A Concert in the Birmingham Symphony Hall with the Tredegar Band and 4 Choirs and hopefully at least in total 100 brass players and all for Charity. After that we will be promoted to the 2nd Section in January and looking to put on a good show at the areas.

If you you are still looking or are intrested in coming along for a blow.

Send me a PM or Email me on mustmart@aol.com

11. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Hi Richard.
    Raunds Temperance are based over the border into Northamptonshire. Mileage a little bit further but is only within the hour. Met a fellow bandsman of yours - Graham eb bass popped in for a blow the other week.
    Rehearsals Monday and Thursday 7.45 -9.45 ish. Have entered for Pontins this year. Should be great fun. We also have vacancies for flugel and front row cornet if thats of any interest to you.
    PM me or e-mail on lynda@pro-digital.co.uk for more info

Cheers
    Lynda

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Leicestershire
    Leicester
    old band
    Leicester area
    freindly band
  13. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Hi Richard

One thing I forgot to mention is that we do pay expenses for rehearsal and jobs

e.g. Mileage to and from practice and any Engagements

14. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

I'm from Leicester and i've played with Ratby & Enderby both brilliant bands.

15. rickshaw

rickshaw Member

Was that Graeme hall (looks like Lou from Neighbours?)

Thanks fo rthe offer but I am really looking for a T- Horn seat to be honest.

If you are ever short though drop me an email

Cheers

16. rickshaw

rickshaw Member

Blimey, A lot more bands than I realised.

I will have fun looking around

Cheers for the offers, I will be in touch