Looking for a band - Euph, Oxfordshire

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by imthemaddude, Feb 17, 2007.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

My friend would like to get back into playing now that she has just had her daughter. She is a euph player in Oxford and would like somewhere local to get back into playing.

2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Loads of bands in the Oxfordshire area.

Try starting with http://www.odbba.org. Even if they are not specifically advertising for a euph player, few would turn one down.

3. Goldie Horn

Goldie Horn Member

Yes!! Stonesfield Silver Band!

We practice on Monday and Friday nights in North Oxford (lifts can be arranged) 8-10 pm.

Although we have a full Euphonium section please tell your friend she would be more than welcome to come along!

Stonesfield are a 1st section band based in Shipton on Cherwell. There's a great atmosphere in the band, full rehearsals, new MD and we're a really friendly lot!

I've PMd you with my contact details

Liz

4. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

I believe Brackley and District Band still need a euph player, they are 1st section, and alot of their players live around the oxford area. PM me if you are interested.

5. jasonG

jasonG New Member

Thanks Lee, I can confirm that...Good job you're on the ball!!

6. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

Chinnor Silver would welcome a chance to chat with your friend.2nd section we have people who travel in from Oxford which is about 20 mins away.
    PM me here if you want my details,we would welcome them over for a blow and to meet the gang.We rehearse wed and sunday evenings.

7. Might be a bit slow off the mark, but Chalgrove Band 4th section, would never turn down a player, even though at the moment we have a full eup & bari section, but please if you are interested go to our website www.chalgroveband.co.uk and there are contact details there.

8. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Or if she doesn't want to travel, there are some bands within the city itself (names are links to websites):

Jubilee Brass (4th section)
    City of Oxford (non-contesting)
    Oxford Templars Brass (training band associated with City of Oxford)
    Oxford University Brass Band (non-contesting)
    Kennington (Oxford) Band (non-contesting)

each of which would probably be more suitable for someone who hasn't played for a while anyway. It's a peculiar situation that there isn't currently a strong brass band in the city, but the situation away from the metropolis is much healthier.

Random OT: Goldie Horn, was it you who conducted the school stuff that we played for in the Sheldonian on Haydn's Creation recently? That was a slightly surreal gig!

9. Goldie Horn

Goldie Horn Member

Random OT:

Yes it was me!!!! Hello!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2007
  10. weez

weez Member

Tell her to gove me a call : Jenny Davis 01865 763885

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Euph
    Oxfordshire