Looking for a bag to carry all music kit in.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Phil3822, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Phil3822

Phil3822 Member

Hi all, I am looking for a bag to carry my music kit in when playing out and about. I have the case my cornet is in however I then carry my music folders, mutes, cornet stand, lunch, drink and sometimes stand in a separate rucksack. Unfortunately in the rucksack things get bashed about and things are not organised. I am looking for an alternative however can find very little. I am wondering if anyone on here as any suggestions. Many thanks.

2. Adamskied

Adamskied Member

3. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

4. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

The best solution I have seen is a Pilot's Bag (bid box brief case), ones with wheels and an extendable handle are available too if that's a plus. If you want to keep hands free then some folk use a large messenger/flight bag, check sizes of bag and bits to be carried before purchase.

5. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

Aha, a BBb gig bag in green. I've only seen these in black or brown before. :biggrin:

6. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

Not a gig bag, its a hard case.......

7. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

Back to the OP, I have two small children that help carry things on promise of treats/under threat of death depending on situation.....saves a fortune on spending money on bags from a North Eastern Sports Clothing Retailer......

8. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

If you attach a mouthpiece and a bit of hose, it's not far off being a bass.

9. pbirch

pbirch Member

I had that solution, but it got increasingly unreliable and expensive and ended up telling me to carry my own junk

10. animal.22

animal.22 Member

Tek up tub thumpin yul av more bags than ya can shek a blumin stik at :biggrin:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    cornet stand
    music kit
    music folders
    bag
    mutes