Looking for 2nd Hand BBb Bass (for home instrument)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Matthew, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

I'm after a 2nd hand BBb Bass - either with 3 or 4 valves.

It will be used just at home to keep my lip in and for home practice only.

For example an old Imperial BBb with 3 or 4 valves, or similar would be ideal (e.g. the old frosted look that was extremely tough!).

Or similar is OK too as long as fully comp, full sized and modern pitch. Case a bonus, but doesn't matter otherwise.

Must be fully playable (don't care about dings or dents), working normally (no overhaul jobs required!).

Only looking to spend up to £300 or so. Happy to pick up in the Yorkshire/North area, please PM me if you have owt!

Cheers! :cool:
  2. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

Happy to go a little higher for the right instrument by the way. :)
  3. zippy

zippy New Member

Hi Matthew

Yorkshire Imps have a couple of older BBs which are not being used. Imperial 3 valvers I believe. In playable condition. Come down to our bandroom and take a look if you can.
    We have rehearsals on Mondays and Thursdays in Gawthorpe. PM me if you want full address and if you are interested

4. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

Thanks Darren, I've PM'd you. :)
  5. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

Just to say I'm all sorted now, thanks for all the messages everyone, much appreciated. :)

On a different note, the Imperial I'm buying only takes a smaller shank mouthpiece size (around 14mm width) and so it won't fit my Bach 18 mouthpiece or similar. Anyone know where I can buy one of those adapter pieces from?

Thanks. :D