lookin for non contesting band near rochdale

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by annosmond, Mar 19, 2012.

1. annosmond

annosmond New Member

i play euph hubby Bb bass,were looking for non contesting band to join in with on days off work,definately not interested in contests due to shift work. x

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bb
    rochdale
    non contesting band near rochdale i
    work
    euph hubby Bb bass
  3. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Think that Reddish Safestore dont contest - they are based near Ashton.

or have a listen to us at our practice on a Thursday, and have a word with our BM about practicing with us.

4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

5. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

6. MoominDave

St. Michael's are in Middleton - have just added their website to the BBR entry

7. annosmond

annosmond New Member

yes ashworth folded we played with themfor years thecornet player took over got rid of everyone so he could steal the instrumentsand music for 3 other bands he plays in lol sosad was great band and stan sheasby conductor had huge stroke,so he no longer able to conduct mind youhe was stillconducting us at 92xx

8. annosmond

annosmond New Member

dont want to go there as guy who ruined ashworth band plays there xx

9. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Thanks its always nice to know your neighbours.

10. MoominDave

Sad to hear that a band has folded. I note that BBR have a few contest entries for the Ashworth band listed conducted by a J. Sheasby between 1969 and 1972 - would that be the Stan Sheasby that you refer to or another relative?

Have changed Ashworth's status to extinct, so it won't show up in the map query any more. If St. Michael's is out, then looks like your other options are:
    Shaw (if they still exist? Can't see much evidence of them on the net)
    Stacksteads
    2nd Rossendale Scouts (doesn't look from their website list of personnel that they're actually strictly Scouts only? Not sure at all though.)
    Lydgate
    Todmorden
    Radcliffe

Sure you ought to find something to suit from that list!

11. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

Shaw are another SA Band.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bb
    rochdale
    non contesting band near rochdale i
    work
    euph hubby Bb bass
  13. annosmond

annosmond New Member

yes stan sheasby same guy.
    i think he left for a while but he was still conducting til last.he was really bad in end sadly cos his hearing went and we all kind of played in spite of him bless him.lol.
    hes still alive but very sick apparently he was conducting up to aged 92

14. annosmond

annosmond New Member

thanks had thought of tod once before but only available two evening a week and nobody rehearses on those days grrrLOL

15. Could always join a contesting band but dip out for the contests. Most bands are more than happy to accommodate extra players to fill gaps left by other commitments.

16. annosmond

annosmond New Member

yes thats a thought thanks so much xx

17. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I play in the top section and work 12hr day/night shifts. Best to find a band you love and hope they can accomodate your level of committment - good luck

18. annosmond

annosmond New Member

wish i did i can be at my depot for up to 16 hours we can only drive 11 hours but it may not be all at same time i could be at work at 5am and not finish til after 9pm.sadlyi wish i had enough money to retire and play all time but sadly i cannot,x

19. annosmond

annosmond New Member

im totally commited just dont have enough hours in day ,and bands dont often rehearse sundays as i would be there all day.lol

20. MoominDave

21. MoominDave

Incidentally, did Ashworth start life as "Ashworth Youth Club" in the early 60s? We have them as two separate band entries but it looks like they might be the same group.

22. annosmond

annosmond New Member

im not sure but they were about in early 60s and were named after ashworth chapel im not a native im a southerner and only lived here 10 years but i know they were a training band too for youngsters stan sheasby taught hundreds apparently in his time including my husband 6 years ago who couldnt read a note and now is an amazing Bb bass player.xx