Look a likes?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by horny, Sep 4, 2004.

1. horny

horny Member

At band the other night we were discussing how many look a likes we have in our band, including Penfold from dengermouse and jim davidson (principle euph). Do other bands have uncanny look a likes?
  2. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

Our Eb Bass look(ed) a bit like harold shipman, and our flugal cud probally be Mrs Bucket (boukay!)

kell x
  3. horny

horny Member

we think we also have Mr Bean on horn!
  4. horny

horny Member

oops nearly forgot...our conductor is the spitting image of Alf (see my photo), that's what started the discussion at band in the first place we were in fits of laughter
  5. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

Nuns on the run!

our solo horn player looks remarkibly like julie andrews when shes at work!!

(see photo)
  6. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Does anyone remember Fame Acadamy's Alister Griffin? When I joined Stannington a few people said I looked like him (probably the hair cut) so I became "Griffin". Come to think of it -I dont think most of the band know my real name!!
  7. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

We have "Eddie The Eagle" Sitting on principal Cornet
  8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

^ looks like one of the chuckle brothers!!! :lol:
  9. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

When I first read that I thought you meant 'Sean Bean' :oops: I was gonna say I didn't think there were any really good looking male horn players :rolleyes:
  10. mikelyons

Naomi Dear, are you in the right thread here? :p
  11. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:lol: Yes I do believe so

12. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

See what you mean now!

To Me, To You, To Me, To You.
    Does look like a chuckle brother!!
  13. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

howard snell

Howard Snell is a dead ringer for Gerald Kaufman.
  14. mikelyons

If I were sensitive.........

I might point out that I have Tom Cruise's Nose, Einstein's forehead

and The Whitbread Trophy's ears.

But I'm not going to :)
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  15. barry toan

barry toan New Member

Dont know who you mean, Horny!!!! ;-) I dont think i look anything like Sean Bean!! (ha ha ha)
  16. barry toan

barry toan New Member

.....and don't forget 'Alec Gilroy from Coronation Street' on the cornet section!
  17. horny

horny Member

Sorry mate!!!Thought it might make you chuckle a little, was remarking to a friend on thursday night at band about the likeness!!!! Hope you are not offended!!!!
  18. barry toan

barry toan New Member

Ah, i wondered what you were giggling at on thursday! its all become clear now! I wont take it personally, much!!!!!!!... ;-) I'll have my revenge!!.......... ni ni ni ni ni.....
  19. timbloke

timbloke Member

Is that not your real name.

Sitting in front of Griffo is (according to many people i know who've seen the band) Alistair McGowan aka second mand down Stewart Croft. and opposite his our first horn player who our old MD was convinced is acually what's her face that judge from pop idol.

Not to mention the fact that when recently auditioning conductors, one of the prospective candidates was a spitting image of one of our own players. it was very spooky!
  20. Boneman

Boneman Member

Our conductor/flugel player (Chris Lewis) is a doubl for Tyrone off Coronation Street! . . . and then of course there's me who likes just like Brad Pitt (not!)