Long shot

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by feelyon, Nov 11, 2013.

1. feelyon

feelyon New Member

Our band, Newmilns and Galston, has a real problem. Due to various reasons we have zero percussionists for the Scottish Challenge Shield. We are playing Isaiah 40 under Nigel Boddice and are drawn number 1. Those are the facts.
    The other bit is that I love this band , Mr B and the piece and do Not want to withdraw and I know we all feel the same. We have 2 guest spaces available as we are fielding an extra trombone and a solo horn (ours just had a baby) so any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.
    The difficulty is that the Scottish Open is the same day and those who would help are tied up.If you know of anyone available preferably this Sunday night and the following Friday/Sat who would be able to help us run and not grow weary:)D) we would really appreciate it.
  2. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Are you allowed to announce that on a public forum, or is it open adjudication?
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

It is pre-drawn and open adjudication. Can't think of anyone available locally who might be able to help you guys out. Whitburn aren't doing the Open due to the rugby job. Don't think they'll need a full percussion team at Murrayfield.
  4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Have emailed a couple of contacts
  5. feelyon

feelyon New Member

Thanks so much I'll try to contact Whitburn guys and Dave it is so much appreciated.
    As for the open adjudication to reiterate that the draw has been available since the end of October. The miracle is that I paid any attention at all and know when we're playing ,as with 3 kids, 2 dogs and my own business even key signatures are a challenge. I seem to be the go to person for getting help as I've had a lot of success and am more free to contact people.
  6. feelyon

feelyon New Member

Absolutely gutted to say we will not be defending the Scottish Challenge shield on the 23rd and have withdrawn simply due to the lack of percussionists. The Royal Scottish Conservetoire has something on that day too hence our problem in the first place. Our cornet Brillante was a thing of beauty as well . Thanks for trying.