long lost friends

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by chapette, Feb 10, 2006.

1. chapette

chapette New Member

has any one thought of trying to find players from their passed? i often wondered whats happen to ..................... but i have no idea how to find them can anyone help PLEASE

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    friends
    players
    whats
    thought
  3. Tack7

Tack7 Member

You could go back to the bands you played for & ask current members if they know anything. Or if you always played in a particular region, maybe a newspaper ad & see what response you get?

Simon

4. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

friendsreunited has a facility to include "clubs/societies" as well as schools and actually has quite a few bands on it. Have you tried there?

5. Steve

Steve Active Member

Put your obituary across the brass band media and put the funeral date in the article. See how many turn up.

6. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

:roll:

I've been talking to someone who left St Agnes the year I joined who I met through friends reunited. We're both still in contact with some of the members we played with, so that's worth a try!

Alternatively, just ask any random bander! I joined Lympstone in October, and it turns out that an ex St Agnes player now plays for a band that Lympstone's solo cornet player conducts...it's a small world! :D

7. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

The National Capital Band had an 80th Anniversary Reunion last fall. It was amazing how difficult it was to find people even from just twenty years ago. Particularly since we hadn't kept very good records of exactly who was in the band at various times.

EDIT: Thread moved to Rehearsal Room from the Auditorium