Long Eaton Silver Prize Band require.......

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by satchmo shaz, Sep 1, 2003.

1. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

LONG EATON SILVER PRIZE BAND requires cornet and perc after

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

LONG EATON SILVER PRIZE BAND requires a quality cornet player front row or back row and a quality percussion player, kit or tuned. We are 3rd section from Jan 2004, a warm welcome awaits you at this friendly East Mids band see www.lespb.co.uk or e mail sharon@lespb.co.uk :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
  2. SammyT

SammyT Member

eerrrrrrrr...... I think the subject should read required after the nationals!!!!!!!!! :? :shock: :!:

3. satchmo shaz

yeah! I ran out of room!! also I should of said that our highly talented 2nd perc ussionist is going back home to South Africa!! and we are 1 light on back row anyway! :wink:

4. satchmo shaz

tenor or bass trombone

Hi guys! Due to our present bass bone player taking an extended sabbatical, we now have a vacancy for either bass or tenor trombone. So if you want to be part of this friendly family orientated fun loving brass band give me a call on ;-
    07887 907516 or email me at sharon@lespb.co.uk
    We practice on a Wednesday evening at our band club in Salisbury Street Long Eaton

A warm welcome awaits you:)

cheers Shaz

5. SammyT

SammyT Member

we are VERY friendly :) come and have a blow!!!

6. HunkySteve

HunkySteve Member

I too will love you dearly if you should come along because I held a Trom seat down in the areas and Im the 2nd Euph!

Steve

7. Bones

Bones Member

Wouldn't bother with this mob. They're all related to each other. Have a bad Body Odour issue. The MD hasn't a clue. The Vice President a real pain in the backside They're all ugly and the band room is above the cheapest bar in the Midlands........

On second thoughts join this friendly family orientated outfit, with a dynamic youthful looking MD and an inspirational management team.

And the beer in the club is really cheap......:)

Go on you know you want to.......

Rich - Vice President Long Eaton Silver Prize Band.

8. satchmo shaz

cheers Rich! :)

9. HunkySteve

HunkySteve Member

Rich

its not my fault my teeth stick out horizontal and everyone is my auntie or uncle!

'sides, you can talk. As president of Vice you shine out like a shaft of gold while all around is dark!

Want to buy my Courtois Evolution? The one with two bells? (oo-er missus)

Steve

10. satchmo shaz

Disaster!! :eek: I come back off arelaxing weeks holiday in the lakes and find........... that my top bone player has fell over ice skating and broke her wrist in 3 places!! she has had an op to put in 3 metal pins and will be off for months!!

HELP!! anyone know of TWO bone players?

cheers Shaz

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Long Eaton Silver Prize Band
    SILVER PRIZE BAND
    sharon@lespb.co.uk
    LONG EATON
    East Mids
  12. The_Fat_Ref

The_Fat_Ref New Member

TWO Bone players. You'll be lucky, us bones are like gold dust.

I'll have a word with a pal in notts, but I think he's registered to someone else.

13. satchmo shaz

ooh thanks for your help:) I know trombones are like rocking horse poo! :rolleyes: Our surviving bone player, my old man, can play bass or tenor bone thank goodness!

So any help would be appreciated:tup

14. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Good luck with finding the players Sharon, not being in the area anymore I don't have many suggestions, although I have one who could be a long shot!! PM me if you are interested :tup

15. satchmo shaz

Eb Bass Player!

Calling all Eb bass players, due to our present Eb bass player Dr Ross McTuba relocating because he has finally got a job!:biggrin:..... we need an Eb bass player.
    We are a very friendly happy 3rd section band based in Long Eaton. Give me a ring on 07887 907516
    or see our website for details

PS we still need one trombone player to complete our line up!;)

16. satchmo shaz

quick update..... Helen our top bone is out of plaster but not playing yet! thanks go to Mark from Rolls royce and John from NCT for helping us out, but we still have one vacancy for trombone..... tenor or bass!

cheers Shaz

17. HunkySteve

HunkySteve Member

Unlike many bands, we adulate our bass players. Dusky maidens attend to their every whim, handmaidens attend to their every need and bring them beer from the bar downstairs. Dont they Charlotte <grin> They live a charmed life in LESPB O yes, betcha matey!

So Bass players, come and sign a pink slip and live like a GOD!

hehehehehe!

I appall even me! Come back Dr Kelly all is forgiven <not>

T Blair, el presidente

co signed by Steve Larwood in his absence
    <seriously guys, vote next week, If you dont, you have no right to moan and I for one will discard anyone in a debate about "life" if I discover they didnt vote. Its wot sets you apart from the animal kingdom, so use it.> I would like to keep England English, so wont be voting labour, but I will vote.

18. satchmo shaz

...... or even if you play Bb bass, come along, cos one of our Bb's would move on to Eb.......... ah bless him:clap:

19. satchmo shaz

Hi guys we still need an Eb or Bb bass player, instrument and nice red jacket waiting;)

We only rehearse once a week (wednesdays 7.30)
    any age or ability considered
    shift workers welcome!
    Cheap beer in band club:biggrin: :guiness
    Friendly social band;)

20. satchmo shaz

Eb and Bb bass players midlands 3rd section

To complete our line up, this successful, happy and friendly 3rd section band require an Eb bass player and trombone player.
    We rehearse once a week on Wednesday evenings at the band club on Salisbury Street in Long Eaton.
    We also have a training band which meets every Monday

Call Sharon on 07887 907516 or email sharon@lespb.co.uk or see website for details
    www.lespb.co.uk

21. satchmo shaz

quick update............ we now have a full bone section:biggrin: :clap:

Welcome to Steve on bass bone!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Long Eaton Silver Prize Band
    SILVER PRIZE BAND
    sharon@lespb.co.uk
    LONG EATON
    East Mids