Long Eaton History

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by satchmo shaz, Mar 6, 2006.

1. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Hi everyone this year is our centenary and we are hoping to produce a history booklet . We are still searching for any information about the band.
    If anyone has any info, memorabilia or even little snippets or old photos, please can you let us have sight of them or let us know and we will include it in the booklet. I am also doing a talk to the local history society in May so any info/ funny stories would be gratefully recieved.

Many thanks Sharon;)

2. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

At this moment Derek Rawlinson is researching our band history for a booklet for our 125th anniversary. However he has a substantial archive of postcards and nearly all brass band books available. He would therefore be a good source for you. Look him up on our (Brighouse band) website contacts. I think he would be helpful and would share resources for copy of your final booklet.

3. Di B

Di B Member

I'll get my Mum to find some embarrasing photo's if there are any flying around!

4. satchmo shaz

cool! thanks mate
    hope you are ok and feeling a bit better :)

5. satchmo shaz

aarrgghh! found out yesterday that we used to be a temperence band!!:eek:
    Think we would get chucked out now, specially as we have the club!

6. satchmo shaz

Hi we are still looking for any old local contest results especially from the 40s 50s and 60s
    any ideas??
    Has anybody got any old programmes?:-?

7. satchmo shaz

the history booklet is nearly done and will be ready for our centeary CIVIC concert on 28th of October at st Laurence Church Long Eaton:clap:

Well done Rob!

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- maybe if you post some details you have found (former band/player names etc.) some tMPers might have their memories twigged to help further ;)

9. satchmo shaz

;) Hi can anyone remember Bill Woods, Bill Boe, Jack Hartshorne, Hans Lubitz!
    Brian Parker, Bob Taylor, Jack Ufton, Arthur Veazy, Arther Marshall, keith and Phil Marriot, Keith and Gerald Rigby, Johnny Bacon, The Screatons, ............... to name but a few

10. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Congratulations on your Centenary - Woodbridge Excelsior also used to be a Temperance Band, I don't think we would qualify now! In fact, after our last appearance at the Mineworkers we would probably have been chucked out too!

We've just celebrated our 160th - it's really hard to find photographs from that far back when you think that photography was in it's infancy then. We have what looks like a daggeurrotype (sp?) (or 'tintype') but it's in pretty poor condition.

All the best
    Andy
    Woodbridge Excelsior

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    everyone
    anyone
    photos
    snippets
    band.
  12. GJacko

GJacko Member

Most of them!!

13. satchmo shaz

Quick update on the history books, we sold out of the first edition so we had to order some more (after a few amendments)

we also still have plenty of CDs available at £8 each or 2 for £16!!;)