London to Host the 2012 Olympics?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by IckleSop, Feb 17, 2005.

?

London to Host 2012, Good Idea Or Not

Poll closed May 28, 2005.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Its it a good idea or not?????
    I think it will be top if we get the go ahead, accorinding to the news it seems promising!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    idea
    2012 Olympics
    go
    London
    news
  3. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

yeah! i reckon that would be great! i like watchin the lympics on tv, big up the brits! erm yeah london 2012!!!

4. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Whilst I believe it will be good for certain parts of the economy and will go towards the urgently needed upgrade of public transport in the capital, there are certain down sides that would have to be sorted out before the games were given the go ahead. I live about 2 miles south of the proposed site for the Olympic village, and have grave reservations about the local community wanting the bid. At present there are 300 businesses in the area that employ 15000 people. These will all have to either cease trading with compensation, or move to new premises without the help of the Government. The last time that this many jobs were put on the line was with the closure of the Royal Docks in the 1970's. If the government address these issues and ensure the job security of the workers, then the local people would IMHO start to back the bid.

Therefore I have not voted on your poll as I am a maybe UFN.

5. rutty

rutty Active Member

Hasn't there already been one poll about this?

6. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I have no idea not really bothered either to be honest wqhy isnt there a dont care option?

7. rutty

rutty Active Member

8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Keep it out of this country FULL STOP it will cost us money in the long run!!!:clap:

9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

*looks for the mods*

10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yes it's a good idea... lets show them how its done! ;)

11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Thanks for providing the link Rutty. I'l llock this one to keep things in some sort of order! ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    idea
    2012 Olympics
    go
    London
    news
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.