Logging out

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Rob, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Rob

Rob Member

A friend wants to log-in from my computer, but I seem to be automatically signed in whenever I come onto the site, and when I try and log-out it gives an error message!! Can anyone tell me how I can log-out successfully from this site???

Cheers, Rob

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Cheers
    anyone
    computer
    friend
    site
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Clear your cookies - it seems to be the only way!

DaveR

4. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

what style are you using? I have had no problems using the "logout" link from the clean style.

5. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

I get the same thing so my housemate can't login now :(.....what are these cookie things and how do I get rid of them?

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

There may be an issue with logout at the moment - I am having the code checked. There is a way though to log out and that is to go to the forum home page (not the portal page) and select log out from there. That should do it.

7. If you click on the "home" link and then on the "forum link", you will then see in the top right hand corner which says "log out" (and then your name next to it) then it will say your "cookies are cleared", then click on "return to page previously viewing" and any one can then log in.

8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

They're tasty biscuit things ;)

Seriously, they are what your computer uses to remember who you are when you log into a website. They do a lot more than that too, but that is it in a nutshell!

To clear them, go to Internet Options (if you use Internet Explorer) which is in the Tools Menu. You will see a button there called "Clear Cookies". That should do it.

Different browsers have a similar option, but in different places depending what browser it is!

Hope that helps....

DaveR

9. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

Cookies all deleted...even the choc-chip ones :(...proper craving for Millie's Cookies now that you put that thought in my head....:rolleyes:

10. Sopfonix

Sopfonix Member

I am now also suffering from Non Loggy out-itis :( . I was okay logging out via the forum button, but now I am unable to log out what ever method I use :confused: . Do I hold the tmp world record for longest loggee?

Can you help me please?

11. Di

Di Active Member

Have you tried the suggestion given above of clearing the cookies?

Tools - Options - cookies - clear

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Cheers
    anyone
    computer
    friend
    site