Lofthouse Brass Band - Leeds

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by multiman, Aug 19, 2005.

1. multiman

multiman Member

Edit: see latest posts for current vacancies

thouse Brass Band based on the edge of Leeds and Wakefield are looking for a Solo Cornet player to strengthen their front row. Also a percusion player to player three newly purchased pedal timps.
    Great friendly bunch of players without any band politics - rehearse just off the M62. Tel: 01924 896695 for further details or visit the web site www.lofthouseband.org :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Lofthouse Brass Band
    Leeds
    Solo Cornet
    great band - great social life
    line
  3. multiman

multiman Member

Lofthouse 2000 - Leeds - looking for Solo Cornet & Eb Bass

Lofthouse 2000 Brass Band are looking for a Solo Cornet and Eb Bass to complete it's membership. Rehearsals take place at Lofthouse Methodist Church with a few pints afterwards. Great bunch of people with a fantastic atmosphere, visit the web site www.lofthouseband.org for contact details :)

4. multiman

multiman Member

2nd Euph Wanted

Lofthouse 2000 Brass Band between Leeds and Wakefield are looking for a 2nd Euph to sit along side Steve and Andy, they don't bite I promise. We are a 4th Section band who are wanting to move upwards. To play with this fantastic bunch of people email us on andrew@multi-print.co.uk. :cool:

5. multiman

multiman Member

SOLO CORNET & EUPHONIUM

Lofthouse 2000 Brass band are looking for a SOLO CORNT and 2ND EUPHONIUM to complete their line up. A friendly, busy band based between Leeds and Wakefield, plans include a CD recording and European Tour. Contact the secreatry on 01924 896695 or email andrew@multi-print.co.uk :cool:

6. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Front row cornet reqiured - West Yorkshire!

Come on, i need a mate to sit at side of me as assistant principle!

We're easy to get to, right next to the M62/A1 junction at Knottingley (pontefract if your geography is bad).

Being on the front row, you get to sit on a nice cushion chair, next to the heaters, and generally get to the bar first too, so come on, PM me for details.

Martin
    Knottingley Silver Band
    (1st Section & spring festival rated band)

7. multiman

multiman Member

I'd be interested Martin. It would be just look it was a Crofton me and you sat at the side of each other - just remembered, I'm a conductor now!

Andy Whitaker
    Lofthouse 2000

8. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

Where's Knottingley?

9. multiman

multiman Member

Solo Cornet Needed to Fill Line

Lofthouse 2000, on the outskirts of Leeds and Wakefield are looking to fill a Solo Cornet position. We are a 4th section band but looking to progress. The conductor is presently on the Ray Farr conducting course at Durham University so there are lots of challenging pieces to play, pieces that are for higher section bands

Rehearsals are Wednesday evening and Saturday mornings with regularly over 20 members there.

A second percussionist is also required on a Saturday to play the newly purchased Timps etc., as well as the possibility of some teaching for the right person.

We also enjoy ourselves as the recent trip to Holland proved - the photos are on the web site www.lofthouseband.org, email or contact us through the web site.

10. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Knottingley is near Pontefract Junction 33 M62.

Trying to think of the junction number off the A1 but i have just gone thick, its the services junction at ferrybridge anyway!

11. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Hey Andy, hows it going?

Didnt realise you were still blowing, thought the pressures of stick wagging had gripped ya?

So does our practice nights clash with yours, were Mon, Thur?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Lofthouse Brass Band
    Leeds
    Solo Cornet
    great band - great social life
    line
  13. multiman

multiman Member

Hi Martin

Not doing much blowing now just wagging the stick (Dick Evans and Ray Farr are putting me through it at the moment). We rehearse Wednesday and Saturdays with a fairly full band although we could do with another Percussionist and Solo Cornet. No doubt we'll bump into each other again.

Andy Whitaker ;)

14. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

Cheers Martin

Thanks for the directions mate, I'd never have found you without them.
    See you Saturday!!

15. paddo

paddo Member

as if!!!!!!

16. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

See ya saturday "trombone-John"!!

Very cheeky arent ya!

Wondered who the hell it was at first!

17. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Come on guys / girls we dont bite!!!

I need some response here!

18. paddo

paddo Member

aaarargghh!

19. Martin Hall

Martin Hall Member

Thanks for the private messages so far, and i can confirm:-

Only the assistant principle chair is vacant in the cornet section, and therefore a good standard player is required to complete the team!!

Please private message me for further details.

20. multiman

multiman Member

Lofthouse 2000 Brass Band

Lofthouse 2000 Brass Band, friendly forward looking band, under conductor Andy Whitaker, require Solo Cornet, Repiano Cornet, 1st Horn and Percussion.

The Bands training section also want youngsters for their learner and intermediate groups, under condutor Tim Sidwell. Everyone welcome.

Secretary Vicky Whitaker (01924) 896695
    www.lofthouseband.org

21. multiman

multiman Member

Lofthouse 2000 Brass Band

Solo Cornet position now filled. Still looking for Eb bass and 1st Horn, rehearsals are Thursday and Saturdays at Lofthouse Methodist Church, Leeds Road, Lofthouse under Andy Whitaker. You'll be made most welcome, tel: 01924 896695 for more details. Junior band are looking for members, young and old. Conducted by Tim Sidwell they meet on Fridays at Lofthouse Methodist Church 7.00pm-8.30pm.

22. multiman

multiman Member

Solo Cornet Needed Yorkshire 4th Section

Lofthouse 2000 Brass Band, friendly forward looking band, under conductor Andy Whitaker, require a Solo Cornet. The Bands training section also want youngsters for their learner group, conductor Tim Sidwell. Tel: Andy Whitaker (01924) 896695