Local Hero

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by CateKnight, Jul 26, 2009.

1. CateKnight

CateKnight New Member

Hello there, am hoping someone can help urgently - ish! Have been looking for sheet music (score and band parts) for Local Hero for Eflat Tenor Horn. I know it must exist because I have heard it played by a band locally and also on a couple of recordings but all I can find is a solo cornet part or some random 80's guitar version. Anyone know where I can get my mitts on a copy asap - Have a lovely credit card to hand so money is no prob!

Cate

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Local Hero
    Eflat Tenor Horn
    Cate
    band parts
    money
  3. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

4. CateKnight

CateKnight New Member

Thanks Daniel, Thats great but the link you sent only seems to allow me to purchase the CD not the sheet music! I might be being thick! so close and yet so far!!! plus a large proportion of the site is in Swiss!!

5. MrsDoyle

Click the Union Jack on the left hand side of the page for the above links.

Try http://www.obrasso.ch/shop/bestellung.html for ordering.

Type 'Going Home from the Local Hero - Alan Fernie' in the title box and leave number blank, then fill in the rest of the form. If you need any help just ask. :)

6. CateKnight

CateKnight New Member

Thank you! - I have often wondered if I am actually flautist in disguise such is my scattiness at times! You are a star!

7. MrsDoyle

:)

You're welcome

:hi

8. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Scott Morrice did an arrangement entitled "Theme from a Local Hero" for solo tenor horn.

9. Errol

Errol Supporting Member

Hi Cate, the version you are looking for is an arrangement by a guy called Scott Morrice, who plays bass trombone for the Kirkintilloch Band. I have been trying to get hold of this piece myself without success, but I don't think it has actually been published. The title of the piece is "Local Hero" and it is featured on a C.D. called "Summon the Heroes" by the Kirkintilloch band. The Alan Fernie arrangement is called "Going Home" (originally by Mark Knopler of Dire Straits) and is not a tenor horn solo, although I think the horn has the melody in the first few bars.

10. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I'm fairly sure I heard this once.... In a joint concert with Norfolk Wherry we did a few years back! :)

Belting good arrangement it was too - providing you kept the sop on a tight leash when duetting with the soloist.

If it's not published, it deserves to be.

11. westoe_horn

westoe_horn Member

I have played the Kirkintilloch arrangement with my band it definately has been published. I'll PM you with the details Cate.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Local Hero
    Eflat Tenor Horn
    Cate
    band parts
    money
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

You can check whether it is Scott's arrangement. You can download it in full here (lo-fi). Allan Wardrope is the soloist.

14. Nikki T

Nikki T Member

Cate - if you find a copy let me know - I've been searching everywhere for it.....it's an awesome piece.

Nikki :clap:

15. Scomor

Scomor New Member

Hi

After year of just reading what's going on I've finally got around to joining up! Yes It's me..........the guy called Scott Morrice! I have the rights to publish the arrangement of Local Hero and have really only sold it to bands who have made enquiries. If you would like to get a copy of it please PM me and I'll make arrangements to get you a copy.

There we go first post done and dusted!

16. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Sorta makes me wish I was a tenor horn player. Don't suppose there's a BBb Bass arrangement? ;)

And by the way, welcome to TMp!