Local Contests

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by lottie4744, Mar 9, 2006.

1. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Hiya,

Does anyone know of any contests for Quartets coming up soon (or any time really.) The quartets based in Manchester so contests around there and Yorkshire and Derbyshire way?!

Cheers

2. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Hi,
    the Northop Festival of Brass is on Saturday 1st April (just a few weeks away) and is usually a pretty good event. There's also slow melody / air varie classes which are of a pretty high standard aswell.
    I know its not Yorkshire/Derbyshire, but it's only 45 minutes or so down the motorway from Manchester, so probably as close really.
    If you want more details let me know.
    Karl

3. Hollso

Hollso Member

You just missed the Robertshaw music festival at Bingley Grammar school- that was yesterday. A good little festival, with loads of categories. Clifton juniors have won the trophy for brass ensemble for the last 9 years... :D
    There's also Horsforth Music Festival in the near future, smaller but similar to Robertshaw. May 6th on saturday, according to our band job-list. Googled it, and not much information came up. I did manage to get a telephone number from a few years back:
    Horsforth Competitive Festival
    of Music, Drama & Dance
    Mrs Susan Verity
    626 Whitehall Road, New Farnley,
    Leeds LS12 5EL
    Tel: 01132 790711

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Makes me wish I was in a quartet again!

4. 1alexm

1alexm Member

Yeah, we had some decent competition yesterday. Well it was a team effort.

5. Hollso

Hollso Member

Well hello you. I didn't know you were on here. I suppose I haven't been on the forums for a while.