Liverpool Football Club

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Dec 10, 2004.

1. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Kenny Dalglish has bought bad players, I don't think Andy Carroll (I know we pick on him alot) is suited to the way Liverpool play. I asked the question because whenever Liverpool win you always say well done King Kenny boys. You don't seem to have alot of time for the players he has got in so. So is it Kenny's past success with the club? I'm not suggesting he should be sacked, but I just don't understand why you think he's so great and can do no wrong?
  2. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Andy Carrol is one of the best headers of the ball in the league. An old-fashioned number nine who likes to hang on the shoulder of the last defender, and will bury any ball whipped in behind the back four..... And he's up-front in a team who play without wingers.

What does that tell you about how far Kenny thinks ahead when he's buying a player?

He payed £3.5m for Des Hamilton, who no-one had ever heard of, and he was one of the worst players ever to pull on the black and white. When quizzed why he bought him, Kenny responded that the team needed a defensive minded midfielder to shore things up in the middle..... yet we already had David Batty!

I don't rate him. Never have, never will.

As for who liverpool should get instead? I hear Fabio Capello is free. And he is astronomically better than the england job made him look.
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Come on you Irons! (Sorry, wrong thread.)
  4. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Guardiola :D

Seriously though i've no idea to be honest. There are a couple I like, but they'd never come to England, and I don't think the fans would want them either. (Bob Bradley & Marcelo Bielsa)

We've got to improve dramatically though next year, I agree that Lucas was a miss and Gerrard was out for a long time but the £100million+ incomers should have stepped up to the plate, but its painfully obvious that most aren't good enough for the PL. If he's got the money to spend again, he needs to get rid of Henderson and Carroll and go after a solid defensive midfielder, a proven goalscorer and a forward thinking midfielder, Jeremy Toulalan, Iker Muniain & Klauss Huntelaar would fit the bill perfectly and are players that would warrant spending that much money on! I think it speaks volumes that our best signing (apart from Saurez) was Bellamy on a free.

KD won't get the sack, but if we start poorly next season I reckon he'll be moved back upstairs, the only problem is that'd leave us in exactly the same position we were in a year and a half ago.

P.S. If it came to it I wouldn't mind the return of Rafa. ;)
  5. Thirteen Ball

You might not, but I think Rafa probably would.....
  6. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Great win for LFC v Chelsea!!
  7. Thirteen Ball

Yeah that papered over the cracks for a while.....
  8. StellaJohnson

and to mention, Chelsea changed 8 players to the team what won the FA Cup, including there goalkeeper
  9. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Makes no difference they still lost John Terry was awful on Tuesday night and every time Andy Carroll got the ball Chelsea players had only one thing on their minds:
    HACK HIM DOWN to the ground!!!!
  10. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Andy you are spot on with the first 2 above but as for Rafa no thanks;)
  11. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

2011-2012 season over.
    Not the best of seasons for the reds in the prem but at least Carling Cup was won and gets us into Europe for next season.
    Congratulations to Manchester City at least Manchester United ended up with NOWT this season:D:clap:
  12. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

It a pity we didn't beat Everton
  13. stevetrom

stevetrom Active Member

Mick McCarthy is rumoured to be in line to replace Dalgleish
  14. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Gobsmacked at the news of King Kenny.
  15. marc71178

marc71178 Member

Presume you haven't been following them much this season then.
  16. StellaJohnson

I'm not, he's a has been.
  17. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Just a few comments (from a Chelsea supporter, living in the I don't get to watch as many PL games as I would like).

1) Liverpool are still a pretty good's a shame to see it's "supporters" bash them so much.
    2) I have seen enough flashes of brilliance (and general good play as well) from Andy Carroll that I would not dismiss him.
    3) You may not like Kenny, but going through managers at the current rate of 1 per year will never get the club to reach it's full potential (I suspect this type of inconsistency in leadership is what has set Chelsea back a bit as well)
  18. StellaJohnson

They are a big club with big asperations, and for a club like Liverpool to finish outside Europe spots and to finish so far behind the top four isn't good enough. They are not a good team anymore. Other clubs have overtaken them, City, Newcastle, Tottenham to say a few. He has had his chance, the owners have given him money to spend and he's bought players that don't suit the team. The results speak for themselves and I don't see kenny doing much more if he had another season there.
  19. Thirteen Ball

Carrol is still a good player, no doubt. One does not become a poor forward overnight and he was banging them in regularly in his time at Newcastle.

The main thing to look at why he hasn't been finding the net is look at the way he's been utilised in both teams. At Newcastle he had lots of support in wide areas, played as part of a front two and thrived on quick delivery and the crossed ball. At Liverpool he's been isolated with the one-up-front strategy, has had to come deeper for the ball, and has been playing in a team that play without wingers. In all fairness to the lad, he's a square peg in a round hole at the moment.

Either Liverpool need to change the service they give him, or they need to find a forward who thrives on the way they play.
  20. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

If it had not been for those wealthy owners at City you would have not won the Prem this year !!!!!!!;)