LIVE: The Pa'cademy Awards - Wednesday 22nd Feb

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Paddy Flower, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Paddy Flower

Paddy Flower Active Member

Join us here LIVE on Wednesday evening for the first giving of 'The Paddys'. (Tuesday night became impossible for me, sorry about that).

Glitz, Glamour, Red Carpets, Celebrities, Paparazzi, Wardrobe Malfunctions... None of these will be on display but hey it's gonna be a great night and if you're up for an award why not join us LIVE to see if you get it (maybe put in an acceptance speech or sour grapes rant...)

See you then

Paddy

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    The Pa'cademy Awards
    The Paddys
    Glamour
    Red Carpets
    Paparazzi
  3. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

I`ve just drawn up in my Limo, with the bass section......it`s a very big limo.

4. Paddy Flower

Late day in the office for your host, we should be getting underway shortly (Just putting my tux on)

5. Paddy Flower

Welcome one and all to the first 'Pa-cademy Awards' ceremony.

Tonight we celebrate those great moments, people and bands that have over the last 12 months raised our eyebrows and done something quite extraordinary. You're all looking fantastic in your black-tie get-up and it's great to see Dicky Evans sat in the front row with a big grin on his face as his eyes are masked with an enormous but nonetheless stylish pair of sunglasses.

So without further ado let's get on to our first award of the evening...

6. Paddy Flower

Who saw that one coming?

Every now and then a band steps up to the mark BIG style at a contest and produces a performance that stuns the crowd (and the bookies in particular). This year we've had a number of those but only one can take home The Paddy.

The nominations in this catagory are...

7. Paddy Flower

Carlton Main Frickley Colliery
    (under the direction of Phillip McCann) for producing a fine early marker (off no. 5) of The Red Priest at The Open

8. Paddy Flower

Tongwynlais Temperance (Philip Harper)

confounding the bookies to take the Scottish Open ahead of fine local strength on Music for Battle Creek

9. Paddy Flower

Burry Port Town

for sticking it to BTM at Blaenavon

10. Paddy Flower

Beaumaris (under Gwyn Evans)

again another great early doors performance (no.3) earning a superb 4th at the Albert Hall on Breath of Souls and booking their place there again next year

11. Paddy Flower

Lanner & District

unseating national 1st section champs Aldbourne to take the spoils at SWBBA Torquay.

and The Paddy goes to
    (opens the golden envelope)...

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    The Pa'cademy Awards
    The Paddys
    Glamour
    Red Carpets
    Paparazzi
  13. Paddy Flower

Beaumaris :clap:

Well I have to tell you that this was pretty unanimous..

14. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

OOOOOOOoooooo, well done Beaumaris, hard luck Lanner...

15. Paddy Flower

Smooth as a baby's backside

Every year we go contesting. We work our little nads off for weeks, the band finds the funds for a sharabang and off we go playing as if our lives depended on it. We get the results, we celebrate (rarely) and grumble (often). But behind the Beer and Banding there is a troup of ladies and gentlemen much maligned by the banding community. They turn up before the sun's had it's breakfast and they'll be the last the leave and without them, your days contesting would not be possible, those behind the scenes people that make it run oh so smoothly

The nominations in this catagory are...

16. Paddy Flower

Peter Bates - North-West Regional Secretary

Weston Contest

SWBBA (for their efforts at Torquay)

Brain Eggleshaw (and the Butlins Team)

SBBA - for the Scottish Open

Ray Payne (Percussion) - for providing the bings and the bongs

L&SC area team

17. Paddy Flower

and The Paddy goes to...

18. Paddy Flower

Brian Eggleshaw :D - and his hard working team at Skegness

I have to say that this was a far closer run thing that the last one with so many valued contributions being recognised, votes were spread pretty evenly across the board

19. Paddy Flower

Stay tuned as we find out who was REALLY robbed in 2011...

20. Paddy Flower

We wuv robbed!!!

We've all been there haven't we. The preparation, the delivery of your best efforts and yet for some reason the powers that be just said, "nah, we'll give it to someone else"

The disgruntled nominees in this catagory are...

21. Paddy Flower

Imps
    for not taking the 2011 Butlins 1st section crown (I'm assuming they have another nomination to look forward to next year as well then)

Fodens
    They deliver a scintilating Paggers at Blackpool and yet 4br ignore them in their list of great 2011 performances

Eccles Borough
    Back to Butlins where the red-hot 3rd Section favourites only managed 10th

Powerfuel Hatfield Colliery
    Everything seemed to be going so well, until they bagged 20th and last at the Senior Cup

Woodfalls
    finishing 3rd at the Wessex Assoc contest trailing in the wake of Lydbrook and Horsham, this is a contest they have owned since their last defeat there to Bournemouth in 1992 (in fact I think they've won this one in excess of 40 times now).

and The Paddy goes to...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  22. Paddy Flower

Fodens

Boy Iwan, you're in trouble now mate :)