Live Stream of Australian Nationals this (Easter) Weekend.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by blue steel, Mar 25, 2013.

1. blue steel

blue steel Member

Hi themouthpiece,

I'll be live streaming the Australian Nationals this weekend at

I've made the website look super pretty. I'll be streaming in HD and also to iOS devices for the A/B grade, and C/D grade will probably be in standard definition and only for desktops/flash enabled machines. I'll even be live streaming the street march. Amazing, yeah?

Hope you like it. It's free. You should watch. It is without doubt the highest quality live streaming of brass bands you'll ever see in your life. You can follow brassbanned on twitter and facebook for more updates, or keep an eye on the website that will be relatively regularly updated this week.

Apparently the illustrious Iwan Fox of 4barsrest fame will be making the the trek over to watch. I'll try to sit him down on camera and ask him all the difficult questions in the world.. Feel free to send me suggestions for questions...

I think the sessions start each day at about 9am Perth (Australia) time - which is about 1am UK time. The afternoon/evening sessions have the higher grades and should be on at a reasonable time for all you guys on the wrong side of the world. Unless you're into all-nighters.

Spread the word. It will be fun.

Love from Tim
  2. blue steel

blue steel Member

This is live right now. Breathtaking high Definition. Amazing commentary.
  3. Bungle

Bungle Member

Was watching the concert/wind bands this morning. I wouldn't say I'm a great fan of wind bands but thought Paris Sketches by Ellerby was very enjoyable, I want to play it!
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I caught the last two A bands this morning and thought the standard was very high. Martin Ellerby scores very well for wind, and I enjoyed Adam Gorb's set piece as well - not often you hear the Eb clarinet featured like that. Loved the lower winds in the 3rd band to play - 5 bassoons (including a contra) and 3 bass clarinets!

Unfortunately I shan't hear the brass tomorrow as I'm at work with no internet connection.
  5. blue steel

blue steel Member

Aaaaand we are live again today with more brass bands. Tune in if you get a chance:
  6. simonium

simonium Member

I've not managed to listen to any bands but reading Iwan Fox' live comments, the guy cannot write for toffee. What we tolerate this ludicrous egotist is well beyond my comprehension.
  7. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

The site is quite funny methinks, thanks for sharing this service! :)
  8. Frontman

Frontman Member

Well done once again Tim. Superb coverage. We must extend our discussion from last year.
  9. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Must agree with you D.W.A. (Frontman) I thoroughly enjoyed the coverage of the Australian Championships, I noticed that Brian Draper was up in the early hours also tuned in. Tim and his Brassbanned team did a marvellous job, for those who were not up in the early hours you missed a treat.