Live stream of Australian Nationals - on now

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by blue steel, Apr 22, 2011.

1. blue steel

blue steel Member

Hi Lads and Lasses...

Letting you there is currently a live video broadcast of the Australian Nationals

showing at .

Totally free to watch. We are about half way through at the moment (witth hymn and test piece Vienna Nights) then back tomorrow with Own Choice and Stage Marches.

Tune in.
  2. Paddy Flower

Paddy Flower Active Member

Just listening to Darebin (Preston) playing English Heritage (variations on 'Blackadder' arr. George Lloyd).
    Great attempt with nice solos but ensemble let them down a bit.

Well done 'BrassBanned' :tup

I like this link, you can even add comments in real time (good banter going on) AND there's a twitter feed down the side of the page

Let's have more contests doing this.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I caught the last couple of performances yesterday and about 4 this morning. Couple of interruptions in the feed but that's probably down to my set-up as much as anything else.

They could do with increasing the volume when the announcements are being made - very hard to hear anything - and captions as to who is playing (and what!) would be helpful.

Definitely a good effort, though.
  4. Frontman

Frontman Member

This has been excellent and we should consider using it at all of our major contests.

Well done to
  5. Paddy Flower

Frontman we missed you in the league this weekend.

Early deadline catch you out?
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Grade A results, courtesy of 4br:

Results from the 2011 Australian Championships being held in Adelaide 23 - 24 April.

A Grade
    Adjudicators: Barrie Gott & Graham Lloyd
    Test: Vienna Nights, Philip Wilby

sacred+test+own choice+stage march=total

1. Kew Band Melbourne (Mark Ford) 48+196+197+49=490
    2. Footscray-Yarraville City Band (Phillipa Edwards) 46+195+190+47=478
    3. Brisbane Brass (Jon Christodoulides) 47+193+192+44=476
    4. K & N Spring Gully Brass (Bruce Raymond) 43+190+194+45=472
    5. Darebin City Brass - Preston (Tom Paulin) 42+189+195+48=474
    6. Hawthorn City Brass Band (Peter Sykes) 40+188+196+46=470
    7. Warringah Concert Brass (John Saunders) 45+192+191+41=469
    8. Hobart City Brass Band (Simon Cawthorne) 41+186+193+42=462
    9. Willoughby City Band (Warwick Tyrell) 44+184+191+43=462

Comprehensive win by the look of it, with Kew topping all four categories: anyone know what the own choice pieces were?
  7. Paddy Flower

I'd love to find the results from the other 3 sections. In know Geelong West won the B Grade can anyone else fill the gaps in?
  8. blue steel

blue steel Member

Hey guys...
    Thanks to all that watched the stream. I should come clean and 'fess up that it was actually me doing the live broadcast. Sorry for the little bit of self-advertising... I hope the forum admins don't mind.

Just to let you know I will hopefully be Live Streaming the QLD state championships in June (Brisbane Excelsior will be competing for the first time since the won the A-grade of the 2010 Nationals), and will definitely be live streaming the New Zealand Nationals in July.

Also, I'm moving across to the UK in June 2012 and would love to continue and expand what I do with the live broadcasts. Any suggestions of key people to contact would be much appreciated.

Cheers again,