Live Stream: Melbourne International Festival of Brass ... 24/9 - 28/9

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by blue steel, Sep 20, 2012.

1. blue steel

blue steel Member

Hi Guys

Heads up I'm doing (another) live stream next week, of the Melbourne International Festival of Brass.

Artists are a brass-nerd's wet dream:

Wycliffe Gordon
    Mnozil Brass
    James Morrison
    Oystein Baadsvik
    Radovan Vlatkovic
    Steven Mead
    Rex Richardson
    Australian Brass Quintet

Of particular interest to many of you will be the concert next Wednesday night at 7:30pm - Kew Band Melbourne and the Melbourne Staff Band accompanying Oystein, Wycliffe, Steven and Rex as they do some fancy solos.

Things will be going live next week through www.brassbanned.com and www.4barsrest.com. Concerts are generally 4:30pm and 7:30pm (GMT + 10). I'm not sure how that works for those of you on the 'wrong' side of the globe;). www.brassbanned.com is actually having a bit of cosmetic and structural work done over the next few days, to make sure it can cope with everything. Don't have a panic attack if it's down a little bit over the next 24 hours.

I will also be capturing interviews with the artists and organisers, asking hard hitting questions like "what's your favourite colour", "what mouthpiece do you like to use to play really high loud notes" and "is there such a thing as too much vibrato". The first few interviews are actually up now at www.youtube.com/brassbanned

And, as always, if you want a free sticker - send me a PM/email/facebook message.

Cheers

Tim

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Melbourne Staff Band
    Wycliffe Gordon Mnozil Brass
    Melbourne International Festival of Brass.Artists
    Steven Mead Rex Richardson Australian Brass Quintet
    30pm - Kew Band Melbourne
  3. blue steel

blue steel Member

Thanks to the many people who emailed in with concerns about the site being down...Scheduled maintenance was super successful, and the site is back up and running:

www.brassbanned.com

In breaking news I'm looking at hooking up Steven Mead, Radovan Vlatkovic and Zoltan Kiss in online interviews with Sarah Willis - horn player with the Berlin Phil. She's the one that introduces many of the digital concert hall concerts, etc. It might not work out, but looks good so far :)

4. blue steel

blue steel Member

Oystein Baadsvik live now...he's quite good.

5. blue steel

blue steel Member

Hi Mouthpieces,

I have Radovan Vlatkovic giving a recital, live, in about 1.5 hours on www.brassbanned.com.

Most excitingly, tonight Kew Band Melbourne and the Melbourne Staff Band will be performing with Steven Mead, Wycliffe Gordon, Oystein Baadsvik and Rex Richardson. That will be on at 7:30pm local time (+10 GMT). I think that time (and content) will make it of interest to you guys.

Enjoy....thanks for who have watched and sent through some nice comments.

6. blue steel

blue steel Member

We'll be live in 15 minutes...Actually, we're live now for mobile devices.

Kew Band Melbourne, Melbourne Staff Band, Wycliffe Gordon, Steve Mead, Rex Richardson and Oystein Baadsvik.

Oh, also going live to all iOS devices. Because I can.

Oh, and it's free.

Awesome, yes?

www.brassbanned.com/live

7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Awesome indeed, Tim, and your efforts are to be applauded.

One thing though - would you do something about the troublesome time difference, please. Would make viewing in the UK much easier!

8. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Real shame that these aren't available to watch at a later date (or if they are, I haven't found them yet).
    Much as it would probably have been very beneficial for my students to have watched this the school would have very much looked down on it :(

9. blue steel

blue steel Member

Never Fear.

I'll be putting up as much as I legally can to YouTube, or if the artists want, on a PPV basis.

I'm in favour of everything been put up, but the realities of copyrights, artists being happy with their performances, etc, make it very difficult. But, keep an eye on the website and I will put up what I can.

10. blue steel

blue steel Member

James Morrison and Wycliffe Gordon with the Ross Irwin Big Band

James Morrison and Wycliffe Gordon with big band, live from 7:30pm GMT +10

Tune in if you can - promises to be significantly awesome.:tup

11. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Tried to watch these but no luck. Clicking on the Live button closes the site.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Melbourne Staff Band
    Wycliffe Gordon Mnozil Brass
    Melbourne International Festival of Brass.Artists
    Steven Mead Rex Richardson Australian Brass Quintet
    30pm - Kew Band Melbourne
  13. trumpetmike

Due to a lovely lengthy break in my teaching schedule today I managed to see a bit of this (Big Band with James Morrison, Rex and Wycliffe) - FANTASTIC!

Thank you for making such incredible performances available to the world.

It was a VERY hard move to turn off the computer and go back to teaching today - but was inspired. Maybe one of my young beginners could be the star attraction at MIFB 2025 or beyond

14. blue steel

blue steel Member

Steve Mead live this afternoon

Hey Trumpet Mike,

Thanks for watching and your nice words. Glad you caught the show and enjoyed it.

Rapier - were you watching on iOS 6? I've had reports that the mobile site has been crashing a bit with it. I didn't have time to test it after apple released...my apologies :oops:

Love to hear details of what/how the site crashed for you, so I can fix it up

This afternoon I've got Steven Mead in a live interview with Sarah Willis of the Berlin Phil from 4pm (Melbourne time) before he hits the stage for a recital at 4:30pm (GMT +10)

15. blue steel

blue steel Member

Steve's on now, if anyone over there is awake: www.brassbanned.com

16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Ios6 on the iPad, doesn't like it. Shuts down the browser.

17. trumpetmike

Saw the beginning of Steven Mead's recital today - was late for teaching!
    Worth it though

18. blue steel

blue steel Member

Thanks trumpetmike, glad you enjoyed it. Sorry it made you late for teaching ;)

Thanks also Rapier. I'll have a look at it and fix it up for next time.

Cheers

Tim