Live in North Yorkshire? Want to play at the Finals?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by sudcornet, Jun 21, 2006.

1. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

STAPE SILVER BAND (based in Pickering, North Yorkshire) 3rd Section qualifiers for National Finals (Harrogate) 22/23 September are in need of the following players to complete their line-up.

(Committed, regular players preferred; but, if you just fancy a bash at the finals, then, signing soon would allow you to be back at your current band before next years regionals. Or, if you play for a non-contesting band and fancy a go on the national stage then feel free to enquire.)

FLUGEL HORN: (This position will require a talented, soloistic player as the test piece has some wonderful moments for this part.) SORTED BY RESHUFFLE

EUPHONIUM: (2nd or Solo dependent on ability) SORTED...FORMER PLAYER DRAGGED OUT OF RETIREMENT.

BBb BASS: SORTED...NEW SIGNING

FRONT ROW/REPIANO CORNET: STILL WAITING FOR THIS ONE....PRESTIGE CORNET WAITING FOR SUITABLE APPLICANT....GO ON...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!!!!

These positions are available on a permanent basis; or, if you just want that opportunity to play at Harrogate you would need to be committed to at least six weeks of increasingly intensive rehearsal leading up to the weekend of the 22nd/23rd September '06 and, of course, a great night out after the contest.

The band always create an enjoyable atmosphere in their purpose-built bandroom under the experienced baton of Mike Breckon (former bumper-up at Hammonds) and are especially committed to encouraging young talented musicians, although those of a more mature bearing are also welcome.

To enquire about any of these exciting opportunities contact:-
    MD - Mike Breckon 01751 472224
    or email:- stapesilverband@btinternet.com

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Section
    North Yorkshire
    STAPE SILVER BAND
    National Finals
    Pickering
  3. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

signing soon would allow you to be back at your current band before next years regionals.

I thought there was 12 months minimum before you can return to your previous band after signing?

4. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

could be (and probably am :rolleyes: ) wrong, but i thought it was a 6 month period between transfers

5. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

it used to be 12 but it has now changed in the last 5 years to 6 months im sure.

6. Splitone

Splitone Member

Are you asking people to become Band prostitutes? :wink:

7. bigcol

bigcol Member

Rule 15:

A player who has transferred from a band shall not rejoin any previous band until a period of
    SIX MONTHS has elapsed from the date on which the player transferred from that previous
    band.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'm sure Nige is mearly suggesting that if you were interested in doing a big contest and Helping out a good band at the same time, the there's a chance for you to do it and still be committed to your own band! - Although topic - - -

This is a great band, a smashing bunch of people, fine direction and good organisation, Anyone who's thinking about contesting or a change of band would do well to look in this direction, I'll certainly be there cheering them on come Sept!

Garry

9. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

After a severe cabinet reshuffle and a couple of people dragged out of retirement, the band still needs a FRONT ROW CORNET/REPIANO PLAYER. (Prestige cornet awaits suitable applicant!!!!)

This is an excellent opportunity for someone to be a part of, what promises to be a top quality, musical performance. I've had a blow through the test piece myself and, although a little awkward to read/count initially, it is not the severest technical stretch. It is a super piece with great rhythmns and loads of "music" in it.

So...come on....become part of this excellent ensemble (just for the one contest if you want), a bit of work, an exciting day out to Harrogate, a free night in a hotel and a party to remember...what more could you ask for.....Go on, you know you want to!!!!!

Sud

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  10. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Up to the individual on that one I think.....but it's unlikely to be regarded as prostitution as there will be no payment up front (as it were).

Sud

11. eymsbrassband

eymsbrassband Member

So payment in kind then!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Section
    North Yorkshire
    STAPE SILVER BAND
    National Finals
    Pickering
  13. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Not sure about that!.......considering you have a bass player called Sam....ooer

Sud

14. eymsbrassband

eymsbrassband Member

Are you perhaps suggesting that if Sam was a cornet, or euphonium player, it would be acceptable, but not because he's a BASS player?

15. Di

Di Active Member

So, getting back to the point. ;)

16. Splitone

Splitone Member

And the point is? :rolleyes:

17. dyl

dyl Active Member

The point being exactly what Di quoted in her post above - this is a recruitment ad - let's keep it as one eh?

18. davidsait

davidsait Member

The phrase I like to use, having done this myself, is 'Transfer Junkie'.