Live Earth

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dyl, Jul 7, 2007.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

Madonna: "If you wanna save the Earth, let me see you jump up"

Yup, that'll work!

2. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Providing they have energy saving lightbulbs in their hands and pull out those nasty 100w bad boys then yes.

How did all these stars get to this gig then? The hybrid power limo company must have been flat out.

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

They all walked and swam there, of course.;)

And as an aside, how many will see an increase in CD sales over the next couple of weeks?

4. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Dyl. I am shocked. You of all people being cynical? These publicity obsessed stars are doing this for the environment.

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I believe they were all shipped to Wembley in Toyota Pruis "zero-emissions" cars.

But maybe someone should have mentioned that the electricity to power one of those oversized, energy-inefficiant milkfloats was probably generated in a nasty coal burning power station...;)

I was dropping in and out of the concert coverage all day, and I have to say I've enjoyed the coverage and the sheer randomness of some of the acts. But I also have to smile at the irony of putting on a concert with a huge PA system, enough lights to light a small city, and flying rock stars around the World to play at it, all in the name of energy conservation. :-?

6. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

Have missed Live Earth, but just back from an excellent concert at Sudeley Castle in Gloucestershire. Polysteel were fantastic, followed by Frank Renton and the British Concert Orchestra and a Spitfire, Lancaster & Hurricane fly past - What a brilliant night.

Well done to all at Polysteel for such an entertaining and well played set :clap:

Have now got Live Earth on Interactive and a superb end to a great night - Metallica, Enter Sandman and Spinal Tap, Big Bottoms!! - Top

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  7. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Heard somewhere that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers arrived at their gig on their own private jet :rolleyes:

How hypocritical can you get? Whatever next - Bono lecturing us on global poverty? Charles Kennedy promoting the importance of a smoking ban?

8. robcornet

robcornet Member

All these stars have done is make the problem worse. If they haven't have had a concert then they wouldn't have burnt all them watts of electricity and flown all them miles on airplane etc.

They just did it for themselves not the enviroment!

They should have had a brass band concert instead as we are more energy efficient. We don't use PA systems and we can march to concerts! lol

9. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

During the coverage, they cut to the Sydney concert which was just finishing, and ironically, the lights had failed a few hours before the end of the concert!

Now that should conserve some energy!! :clap:

10. MattB

MattB Member

Has to be one of the biggest wastes of time I've ever seen! No more than a big luvvie- in for pop stars and pals. Shame on the BBC for presenting such a one sided case for Global Warming! Poor David Baddiel got short shrift when he tried to show the hypocracy of the event. Nice cheap way for the Beeb to take up 10 hours of TV time without any planning anyway.

Is it just me or were Spinal Tap better than Metallica? And I really like Metallica!!

Matt.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Madonna
    Earth
    Yup
    wanna
    Earth Madonna
  12. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

Jonathan Ross asked Chris Rock and Ricky Gervaise whether Live earth would make any difference to global warming, Chris Rock told it how it is and said... "Live Earth will cure global warming in the same way that Live Aid cured world famine." He then said something that would have got him kicked out of the big brother house and they quickly cut to another overpaid rock 'star'.

I wonder how many of the acts actually did it for free? I'm sure they wouls have got some sort of money from record companies, sponsors, all the sort of companies that are contributing the most to the effects of global warming. Very hypocritical!!!

13. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I missed the Live Earth concert - what did he say...?

14. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Cant mind what they said exactly but thot they were hilarious! Didnt think what he said was that bad, but then again Im not that PC anyway.

Didnt see an awful lot of the show as I was working, but was raging when they cut from Metallica to Crowed House, who somewhere else in the world when Mettalica were just about to play Enter Sandman, I mean come on!

15. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

After listening to those so-called stars preaching about something they obviously new nothing about, i turned on every electrical item i have and went outside and burnt a dozen tyre's.

16. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

I am not too fussed on what he said either, but the the PC brigade are......

Chris Rock said some thing like.. 'Global warming is getting so bad that you white folk are starting to go around calling each other *iggers'! :eek:

Knowing what kind of comedian he is and some of the things he could have said, that was quite tame, but Jonathan Ross seemed quite shocked!!!