Linthwaite Brass Band - positions available.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Linthwaite Band, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Linthwaite Band

Linthwaite Band New Member

Soprano Cornet

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details see most recent posts:

:clap:
    We (Linthwaite Band, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire) are a fourth section band currently hoping to recruit a number of key players, namely soprano cornet, solo trombone, front row cornets (including principal) and percussionists.
    We are a village band enjoying many recent contest successes (Yorkshire Area Champions 2002, Holmfirth contest winners 2003, runners up 2004, Pogson Bray winners 2004).
    We currently rehearse on Wednesdays at 8 pm and Fridays at 7.30 pm at The bandroom, Hoylehouse Fold, Linthwaite, Huddersfield HD7 5NG, under the baton of our recently appointed conductor, Gordon Pulleyn.
    We have a vast musical library and a very good selection of modern, quality instruments (many new) available to players. We also have a comfortable, heated and well lit band room in which to rehearse.
    If you are looking to join (or know any others who are looking to join) a friendly band with a healthy engagements diary, whether you could fill any of the above positions or any others we would make you very welcome.
    Please make contact through myself (Andrew Waterhouse) byE-mail to: waterhouse.16whc@talk21.com or write / phone me :-

29. Matthew Grove
    Meltham
    Huddersfield
    HD9 5LY

Tel :- 01484 - 349429 / 07734 - 498403

Also, please have a look at our website www.linthwaiteband.co.uk (it is in need of a few updates, but contains a good history of our band).

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2008
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Linthwaite Brass Band
    Huddersfield
    Linthwaite
    Soprano Cornet
    Gordon Pulleyn
  3. Linthwaite Band

Solo Trombone

We (Linthwaite Band, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire) are a fourth section band currently hoping to recruit a number of key players, namely soprano cornet, solo trombone, front row cornets (including principal) and percussionists.
    We are a village band enjoying many recent contest successes (Yorkshire Area Champions 2002, Holmfirth contest winners 2003, runners up 2004, Pogson Bray winners 2004).
    We currently rehearse on Wednesdays at 8 pm and Fridays at 7.30 pm at The bandroom, Hoylehouse Fold, Linthwaite, Huddersfield HD7 5NG, under the baton of our recently appointed conductor, Gordon Pulleyn.
    We have a vast musical library and a very good selection of modern, quality instruments (many new) available to players. We also have a comfortable, heated and well lit band room in which to rehearse.
    If you are looking to join (or know any others who are looking to join) a friendly band with a healthy engagements diary, whether you could fill any of the above positions or any others we would make you very welcome.
    Please make contact through myself (Andrew Waterhouse) byE-mail to: waterhouse.16whc@talk21.com or write / phone me :-

29. Matthew Grove
    Meltham
    Huddersfield
    HD9 5LY

Also, please have a look at our website www.linthwaiteband.co.uk (it is in need of a few updates, but contains a good history of our band).

Thanks for looking.

4. Linthwaite Band

Front Row Cornets (inc. principal)

29. Matthew Grove
    Meltham
    Huddersfield
    HD9 5LY

Thanks for looking.

5. Linthwaite Band

Percussionist(s)

29. Matthew Grove
    Meltham
    Huddersfield
    HD9 5LY

Thanks for looking.:clap:

6. Linthwaite Band

Huddersfield - Principal Cornet needed

Linthwaite Band, Huddersfield :- 4th section band are looking to recruit a principal cornet player to join our team of friendly, ambitious players, working with a new Musical Director, Owen Wedgwood. We rehearse Mondays and Wednesdays 8.00 pm until 10.00 pm, have a very busy engagements diary and a brand new Besson Sovereign instrument available.

Solo trombone also required: nearly new Besson Sovereign Bb F instrument available.

Other players welcome.

Please contact through tmp or telephone Andrew Waterhouse on 07734 - 498403

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2005
  7. Linthwaite Band

Huddersfield band needs players

Linthwaite Band, Huddersfield require principal cornet player, tutti cornet players and 1st and 2nd trombone players. We are a friendly fourth section band desparately in need of cornet and trombone players.Any others also very welcome.
    We rehearse Wednesday and Friday evenings at 8pm.
    We have a very good core of regular players and a resident MD, Owen Wedgwood, but we have struggled for some time to fill the top cornet chair. If you are a player yourself, or know anyone looking for a blow, come along. You'll be made very welcome and we have new / almost new quality instruments if required.

Please get in touch if you're interested. Please ring / text Andrew Waterhouse on 07734 - 498403 or e-mail me on waterhouse.16whc@talk21.com Thanks for looking.

8. Linthwaite Band

Players wanted in Huddersfield

Linthwaite Band require cornet players (principal and tutti) and solo trombone. We are a fourth section band with an enthusiastic conductor, a very large library and a busy engagements schedule.
    We rehe@rse Monday and Wednesday at 8pm until 10 pm and would make players very welcome on any instruments.
    We have a brand new Sovereign cornet available for a principal cornet player and a nearly new trombone.
    If you are interested - whatever your ability - experienced, music student, retired player wanting to get back into banding, junior player wanting to move to a senior band - please get in touch either by e-mailing Andrew Waterhouse waterhouse.16whc@talk21.com or phone / text 07734 - 498403

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2005
  9. Linthwaite Band

Conductor (and players) required. Huddersfield.

Linthwaite Band - Huddersfield (4th Section)

Due to work circumstances, sadly, Linthwaite Band will shortly be saying farewell to our resident conductor, Jim Hunter.

We are seeking to engage a new MD to take us to Wilkinson's Contest, through Christmas concert engagements and beyond.

The band has all key seats filled, but we are short of an extra permanent third cornet and tutti cornet player.

We rehearse in our own Bandroom on Monday and Wednesday evenings, have an extensive library, and good quality (some new) instruments available to any interested players.

We pay MD's travel expenses.

Any potential interested conductors / players please call Andrew Waterhouse (07908 280167) or John Iredale (01484 654154).
    You will be made very welcome.

Thanks for looking.

10. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

hi there, my names Kelly Kenyon and I currently play tenor horn for Hade Edge Band, was just wondering what kind of experience are you looking for?
    I'm keen to take up the baton with a band who aren't the juniors, as that is all i know.
    I'm just about to go into my 3rd year at hudderfield uni, but i am planning on sticking around the area, to do my teaching degree.
    If you want to get in touch, my email adress is kellyellen.kenyon@gmail.com, or my mobile number is 07716013358.

I do have my own car, and live in the centre of town

Kelly Kenyon.

11. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

The band are currently looking to recruit a 2nd baritone player. We're not looking for a star here, just someone who can commit to regular rehearsals with a friendly bunch of players. :)

We're also looking for a cornet player, a position can be negotiated as we can shift around if necessary.

We're based just outside of Huddersfield in our own heated bandroom, and are looking to compete in a range of contests up to the summer.

Give us a try, ring me on 07921 264298, PM me or email me at ruebenchandler@gmail.com.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Linthwaite Brass Band
    Huddersfield
    Linthwaite
    Soprano Cornet
    Gordon Pulleyn
  13. Linthwaite Band

Linthwaite band, West Yorkshire (Huddersfield), 4th Section, Cornet and Baritone

The Linthwaite Band, based just outside of Huddersfield require a baritone player and a cornet player, positions are negotiable.

We're a friendly band with a varied but light calendar, inclduding Holme valley Contest in may, and a number of park jobs in the summer.

We rehearse Monday and Wednesday evenings, you will be made very welcome. Instruments are available if required.

Please ring the conductor David Smith on 07921 264298, or email ruebenchandler@gmail.com if you are interested or just want to find out a little more.

Many thanks.

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment Guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2008
  14. boogaloo

boogaloo Member

A rare opportunity has arisen in the ranks of LINTHWAITE BRASS BAND, Huddersfield, we are currently 4th section, we also have a new conductor and are looking forward to the 2009 area contest and beyond...

We need:
    1,or 2, Solo cornets.
    1, or 2, back row cornets.
    1, 2nd baritone player.
    and some percussionists would be nice too.

The above positions are in ergent need for the up coming area contest in Bradford, and other concerts and contests along the way.

For more details contact Chris on 07971551608 or visit the bands brand new website - www.linthwaitebrassband.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
  15. boogaloo

boogaloo Member

Linthwaite brass band

Places are going quick, now we have aquired a new princple cornet and a new tutti cornet, we need only the following to make this 4th section band complete:

2x percussionists ( 1 kit - 1 tuned)
    2nd baritone

with these players we will be complete, we practise at our own band room in Linthwaite, near Huddersfield, on Monday and Wednesday nights 20.00 - 22.00, and then go for a well needed drink afterwards :rolleyes:, lifts could be arranged from certain areas if needed.

PM me or e-mail me at chris.askew@hotmail.com for more details, or phone me on 07971551608.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
  16. boogaloo

boogaloo Member

Two percussionist urgently required!

Linthwaite brass band are based in the colne valley region of Huddersfield,and play in the 4th section, urgently require a couple of percussionist to complete the bands line up.

we have up and coming concerts and contests at Butlins and the 4th scetion area, and need the important parts filling.

We practise in our own band room in Linthwaite every monday and wednesday evening between 8pm and 10pm and have recently appointed a new MD, to take us up the section and beyond.

We are a friendly bunch and a pint or two is almost compulsary after band practise.

for more details contact our MD Chris on 07971551608, PM myself, or visit the bands website www.linthwaitebrassband.co.uk we look forward to hearing from anyone wanting to take the 4th section by storm, with this forward thinking band.

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment Guidelines (AGAIN)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
  17. boogaloo

boogaloo Member

linthwaite brass band looking forward and upward.

LINTHWAITE BRASS BAND
    3rd place at the recent Yorkshire 4th section area contest seek the following players to push the band onward and upward.

We need:
    2 good quality solo cornet players to compliment the current setup, positions are negotiable.

I am the conductor of the band, i have only been conducting the band for about 6 months, and the improvement is fantastic within the band, i have just taken the band at my first area contest and we gained a credible 3rd place out of a good field of bands, and now we look forward to many more successes in the up and coming contest program, and you could be part of the Linthwaite revival, and help get the band to where they should be.

We have a very good bandroom atmosphere, and good attendence at rehersals, we practice in our own bandroom in Linthwaite in the colne valley region of huddersfield on monday and wednesday nights 8.00 - 10.00ish, so if you think you are up to the job PM me for more details, or visit the website www.linthwaitebrassband.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
  18. boogaloo

boogaloo Member

In addition to the above positions, we could do with sighing a baritone player, either 1st or 2nd.

see you all soon!!

19. boogaloo

boogaloo Member

Places going quick at linthwaite!!!

LINTHWAITE BRASS BAND.

Places are going quick at Linfit band, we need just a couple of solo cornet players(positions negoiable) to complete our line-up.
    After a well deserved 3rd place at the yorkshire 4th section area 2009, we are looking forward to building for the future.

We are a happy bunch with some quality players,and have well attended rehearsals, we have a sensible concert program, and attend some of the best contest around i.e Butlins, Buxton, Wilkinsons and of cause the area contest and more if possible.

So if you want to be part of this progression either visit the website www.linthwaitebrassband.co.uk or send me a PM or call Chris 07545261609

Edit: threads merged

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009