Line up for London -

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Chris Sanders, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

And all the biggest bands have made it...

Looks set to be another great contest...

Wont say who i'll be supporting...

• Aveley & Newham - N. Taken
    • Black Dyke - Dr Nicholas J Childs
    • BHK (UK) Ltd Horden - Major Peter Parkes
    • Bournemouth Concert Brass - Nigel Taken
    • Brighouse & Rastrick - James Gourlay
    • BTM - B Hurdley
    • Buy As You View - Dr R Childs
    • Chester-le-Street Riverside - I Robinson
    • Cwmaman Institute - J Hudson
    • Desford Colliery - P. Parkes
    • Fairey (FP) Music - Major P. Parkes
    • Grimethorpe Colliery (UK Coal) - Richard Evans
    • Leyland - R. Gray :D
    • Newtongrange Silver - A. Ramsey
    • Redbridge Brass - M. White
    • Reg Vardy - Ray Farr
    • St Austell Town - David Loukes
    • Whitburn - A. Duncan
    • Woolley Pritchard Sovereign - T. Jones
    • YBS - Prof David King

2. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Not yet they haven't.....................London Area next weekend :wink::confused:

3. Chris Sanders

You have a sense of Humour... Yes, sorry... I'll add the last two next week...

4. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Indeed I do ;) - I thought they'd cancelled it. Damn I'm gonna have to go to rehearsal on Wednesday now :p

5. Chris Sanders

Mind you I was VERY impressed with Alliance Brass at Preston Contest with their rendition of Rienzi... Should be absolutely perfected by now...

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Holy Cow!!! I wonder who Mr. Parkes will conduct (did he really get three bands there?)

(I guess Mr. Taken could join him with two?)

7. asteria

asteria Member

Think Fodens might disagree with you there!!.....

8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Nice mixture of a lineup there eh ;-)

9. lewis

lewis Member

:(

Too negative Pat. Alliance and Welwyn so Nigel won't have two bands there!

10. brass journo

brass journo Member

great to see some bands in the line-up who have never been to RAH and some that have not been for a while. Should be a good competitive contest.

Special congratulations to the Major. Three bands qualifying is a fantastic achievement and proves how excellent a musician he is.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Peter Parkes
    Nicholas J Childs
    R Childs
    Newham - N. Taken
    Redbridge Brass - M. White
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Duncan Beckley managed to get two bands there that I know of too...5 Rivers in the fourth section and Grange Moor in the third...He's gonna be one busy dude.

13. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Wow, I am REALLY impressed with that. Getting 3rd and fourth section bands to the Royal Albert Hall...

14. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Maybe we're in a time loop and it's the year 2000 all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Chris Sanders

Thats just what I got from 4barsrest... Copied their results from each section??

16. Chris Sanders

Ha... Like I said... "all the biggest bands"... Absent two years running... Cant argue with the stats...

17. Steve Nicoll

Steve Nicoll Member

I just think that it is fantastic two see two of last years 1st Section finalists on show (Bournemouth & Newtongrange). It just shows what you can achieve with the right amount of hard work.

18. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Doesn't it also have something to do with a reportedly easier qualifying test piece?

19. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

We did it in 2002 , 3rd at the 2001 Nationals and played a stormer on Whitsun Wakes... :eek: and qualified for the 2002 nationals for the 1st time at Championship level.
    Still it's good too see other bands like CLS , BHK, Bournmouth and St Austell Getting a crack at the RAH...

20. Chris Sanders

Rubbish!! There were more mistakes and splits this year in Rienzi than there were last year in Tristan, (On paper Tristan was a much harder piece!!) And even some of the best bands in the country struggled to keep the opening to Figure A of Rienzi in tune...

It was the same two years ago on Prague... Great piece... People said it was too easy, however there were very few near immaculate performances!! The standard of Piece made no difference... It is the standard of the band that wins the contest...

21. Steve Nicoll

Steve Nicoll Member

Thank you Sandman, that is the most knackered I've been at the end of a test piece for a long time and yet Rienzi was about the shortest and contained the fewest black notes of any piece I've played in the past 6 years.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Peter Parkes
    Nicholas J Childs
    R Childs
    Newham - N. Taken
    Redbridge Brass - M. White