Life on Mars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by NeilW, Mar 14, 2007.

1. NeilW

NeilW Member

(I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be a thread on this already...)

Anyone else enjoying the series? We are.

Particularly liked the choices of alias names they used in last night's episode :clap:

It also goes to remind me why I wanted to forget the fashions of the early 1970's.... :wink:

Neil.

2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

It's my 2nd Fav show at the moment. Have just watched last nights, yes great name choice. :) I got married with a shirt collar like those!! The only fault I can find in the series is the warrant cards they use weren't around back then. Shame this is the last series being made, so it will be interesting to see how they end it.

3. jenzi

jenzi Member

I love the show! I haven't seen any of the new series as I am a very busy student :D I have the first series on DVD and it's brill!

4. Sandy Smith

Sandy Smith Member

Great series.

The Lindley Band from Huddersfield are featured in a forthcoming episode - I don't know which one.
    There was an article a few weeks ago in our local newspaper,the "Huddersfield Examiner" complete with pictures of the band and the stars of the show.
    Unfortunately the costume department have got the band kitted out in what look like surplus uniforms from the Beatles "Sgt. Pepper" album !

5. NeilW

NeilW Member

If they're purple (or was it blue?) and baggy, then they could be the ones that City of Oxford had to use in one of their Midsomer Murders recordings. Could be the same props hire company...

Jenzi probably remembers them - I wasn't on that recording and have only seen pictures! ("Busy Student" indeed!!! :tongue: )

6. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

I love the show!

It's so well-done, and very nostalgic for a relic like me!

7. jenzi

jenzi Member

I seem to remember they were purple jackets but I wasn't in the band when they recorded that Midsomer Murders. I did watch it though!

I am a busy student thanks Neil...I am never usually home in the evenings to watch TV! :p

8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I'd love to watch Life On Mars but it clashes with band nights! I particularly want to see next weeks Camberwick Green episode. Decisions, decisions...
    BMB
    xx

9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Can't Badgers paws work video recorders then?

10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Only for black and white tvs ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Life on Mars
    Neil
    night
    Life
    Mars
  12. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I cant believe how many people enjoy poor acting and cheesy characterisation??

13. NeilW

NeilW Member

14. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with the acting.

15. bigmamabadger

:tongue:

16. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

No, they have trouble sett-ing the timer! :rolleyes:

Coat! :oops:

17. Chris Sanders

We must have been watching different shows then??

Ive seen two episodes, the lead character I thought was quite good, as he is in Human Traffic, however the other characters were worse than awful, it was almost as bad as Eastenders!!

18. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Acting is about pretending to be that which you are not, therefore they succeed. As for Eastenders I have no idea as I have never watched it. Life on Mars is entertaining, which is all I require from a TV show. That and it not being any form of 'Reality, Celebrity, Dancing, Skating, Singing, House, Jungle, Castaway, Cooking, Gardening, Make Overy type of show. :D

19. Chris Sanders

Like a poor actor a child can pretend they are something they are not.

However a good actor can convince you they are something they are not.

You may like it, I do not...

20. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Then don't watch it and leave those of us that do, to discuss it.

21. bigmamabadger

Oooh! Handbags at dawn from Rapier and Sandman!
    BMB
    xx

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Life on Mars
    Neil
    night
    Life
    Mars