Libera Me from Requiem Op.48 (Gabriel Faure)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by brassneck, Feb 1, 2009.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

To mark the recent 1000th view of one of my arrangements on sibeliusmusic.com (I joined about 13 months ago ... and also to thank the Old Crown Brass Band for premiering it, the first movement of Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No.3, in January), I have decided to release the score & parts of Libera Me (Gabriel Faure) for bands to play if they so choose to. Whether the viewing figures for my efforts are good, bad or indifferent I don't really know.

The .pdf file is hosted here by YouSendIt and copies are available on a first come, first served basis. The mp3 recording was performed by a scratch band conducted by Raymond Tennant at last year's Royal Scottish Academy repertoire session. Mostly sightread and a part did go AWOL during the readings. Please judge the suitability of your band before deciding to download. It features baritones as the solo voice from the original score. Hope you may have some use for the ditty. Any feedback is welcome.

2. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Thank you. I have taken you up on your generous offer :clap:

3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Cheers! Better than doing nowt! It's probably the easiest of all my arrangements to perform. It seemed to go down well with the players at the repertoire session. Ann Crookston (Whitburn) led the baritone intro and close.

4. Laserbeam bass

Has any one ever sung the solo with the accompaniment of the band. I am considering asking the MD if we can do that. If so what did you think?

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've heard the solo sung with the Scottish Trombone Ensemble a couple of times. Worked very well.

6. sbandsman

sbandsman Member

Have sung it (as Soloist) many times in it's original Latin with choir and orchestra so would be interesting to try this. It would not be an unheard of concept.. I sang
    Love changes everything with the published brass arangement a few years ago. that worked but dropped the melody line off.

7. Laserbeam bass

I said it first, join the queue :tongue:

Love changes everything :eek: you're no Baritone or Bass :confused:

8. sbandsman

sbandsman Member

Bass- baritone .Only have a 2- 1/2 octave range Eb (low) to Bb

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Anyway ... feel free to add the vocal part if required. The baris join the choral parts later, having a role to fulfill.

10. Laserbeam bass

Cheers :biggrin:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Old Crown Brass Band
    view
    one
    Libera Me
    Requiem Op.48
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in this arrangement of mine ... and more than just a few downloads. When the link expires and if anybody wishes to get a set, please ask and I will upload it again.

13. Baton twirler

Baton twirler Member

I downloaded the piece and tried it at my band (Whitwell Brass) on Thursday and it is a very good arrangement thanks for posting it.