LGV (old HGV) driving schools in s. yorks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Farmer Giles, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles Member

Hi all

having been made redundant this week, i am seriously considering a change in career !

does anyone know of a good lgv school in south yorkshire ?

also, now that i am unemployed, should i be able to get help with the cost of training ?

2. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

Dont know about Yorkshire, but near me thers is a driving agency that actually trains you to drive hgv 1 and 2 while you work for them, so it may be worth considering ringing some driving agencies local to you to see if they do this, you may have to do some 7.5 tonne stuff first.
    Good Luck!
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Sorry to hear that Chris, I hope you find what you want soon.

Re costs of training etc: you should now try to contact your local Enterprise Agency/Chamber of Commerce as well as (unfortunately) your local Job Centre. These agencies will be able to point you in the right direction regarding re-training, new career changes etc. I would imagine that the Enterprise Agency and CoC would be more able to assist if you were to be thinking about starting your own business.

Whatever happens... the very best of luck to ya :tup
  4. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

See if you have an Action Team for Jobs in your area. They will help with training and when you go back to work they help with clothes, travel expenses and living expenses
  5. Farmer Giles

Farmer Giles Member

thanks all.

i'll give a few people a ring tomorrow morning.

i have had a reply from the road haulage association re funding and it looks like i'll be able to get some (if not all) of my training fees paid for :eek:)