Letter from BFBB - Brass Alive

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by backrowbloke, Mar 17, 2005.

1. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

I recieved a letter from the Federation today (as I assume every other band has / will) telling us about Brass Alive.

One passage is....
    "Your bands involvement in this project is essential to its success and you can participate by arranging any sort of band activity during the period 20th - 29th May 2005. This can take the form of a concert that you may have already arranged, your attendance at the Whit Friday March Contest on the 27th May, any type of sponsored event........"

The BFBB are looking to promote this as announced in national media etc.

Now.....I am going doo-lally or is the Whit Friday this year on the 20th May, not the 27th May as the Federation would have us believe??? http://www.whitfriday.brassbands.saddleworth.org/

(Happy to be shot down in flames if they are correct and I'm wrong)
  2. cornet.kid

cornet.kid Member

Got the same letter today but didn't notice the error. Having just read your question, my instinct was that you were correct. Not wanting to look an idiot either, have just checked on Harrogate Band's (oh so reliable and useful IBEW) website and yes it is definitely listed for May 20th!!!

So, no need for the straight-jacket just yet, your sanity has not abandoned you!!
  3. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Of course!

I understood that Brass Alive week was timed to begin on Whit Friday (ie 20th May) and run for the whole of the week which follows, up until Sunday 29th.

4. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Glad I'm not going mad :sup

Sighs! Shame our federation can't even get simple details like this correct in a letter to the bands...... :(