Let's get it over with.....

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Thirteen Ball, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Right. Silkstone march contest is coming up, and I have just today agreed to play for another band in addition to my own, to make up for a missing player. (As a gesture of good will to a friend, I might add, with no reward at stake.)

Will somebody please shoot me down now and save the usual complaining post-mortem we've had at every march contest this year about who borrowed who and ain't it awful and shouldn't the organisers change it etc etc ad nauseam.

That way, maybe the contest thread will actually remain about the contest and the positive things that are bound to happen this time.

Rant over.
  2. chiephonium

chiephonium Member

well said mate...
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Fair play to you!

I am sure it won't get mentioned unless the band you help win prizes! :wink:
  4. brass journo

brass journo Member

you ranting again Andi!

Totally agree with you (for once). I'm playing with 3 bands that day, maybe 4. It's all for no fee or reward, but mutual swapping of players and general helpfulness and bandign spirit.
    Unfortunately, not all bands are as accepting of this with a few not allowing their players to help other bands and players being scared of helping out others just in case their band finds out.
    Rather than people whinging about who played with who (in a musical sense) isn't it just good to see real banding spirit back in the movement? And as I always say, one or two players don't make a band and winning result.

The upside of playing with several bands is that surely I must feature in a prize somewhere!!!

see you in Silkstone
  5. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Just had to be done, Tabs. And I really must say, the silence from some quarters has been deafening.

Hopefully the shape of things to come!

Have a great day out a silkstone everyone, however many bands you turn out for.