Let's Face the Music and Dance?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cornetcheese, Apr 15, 2006.

1. cornetcheese

cornetcheese Member

Quick query - I'm planning to use the Goff Richard's arrangement of this at a contest in the near future, but cannot locate a score for love nor money. Already borrowed a set from a band, but 3 I have asked all have no score! Is there one published with the set, does anyone know?

Need to track one down - band can't really stretch the coffers at the moment as far as I'm aware!
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

As far as I know it's only a short score. If you still need one by the middle of next week, Alan, let me know and I'll see if I can root out one of Fulham's copies.
  4. Alan Fernie

Alan Fernie Member

I'm afraid Alan, that it's an example of the usual Studio money saving "short score" for "Let's Face...."; that's why it's only £13.50!!. They are quite remakable in their own right - an awful lot of detail is somehow crammed into two staves - but totally impractible for any detailed rehearsal. You could maybe contact Goff direct - he's usually very receptive about this sort of thing. Or,as I know at least one conductor has done (not me!), construct a full score from the parts!!
  5. cornetcheese

cornetcheese Member

Thanks for the response! I have conducted the piece quite a few times in the past, but usually with little rehearsal for smaller jobs, never for a contest! I can't even remember having seen the short score before, but I may go and construct a full score from the parts. It would certainly make life easier!

There is certainly quite a bit going on in that piece - short score sounds like a nightmare to read!
  6. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Don't forget to ask permission from the Publisher first though!