Let me.......

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by steveeuph, Jun 3, 2007.

1. steveeuph

steveeuph New Member

introduce myself. After a barmy Sunday afternoon of banding and beer I now feel the need to introduce myself. I feel rather embarrassed that after introducing my wench to your website she took the plunge first! She is the rather gorgeous First Baritone player of the fantabulous Cawston Band (rachelbaritone):D However, it must also be said that the band has some rather scary bass players (see photo):eek: I have only just returned, in the past couple of years to brass bands after 22 years in the army and to say that I am like a pig in sh** is an understatement :clap:

2. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

can anybody help Steve?

I am appealing to see if anybody has the Muppets expansion pack for the LMI euphonium?

The Cawston Band purchased Steve a new Euphonium last year. Unfortunately we forgot to add the said expansion pack. Now everytime we play the Muppets we have to wait whilst Steve fumbles around triyng to find a bottom C. Its not in his pad, his case, his jacket pocket, the audience and definitely not in his instrument!

Please donate generously before those scary bass players take the law into their own hands!
  3. Both myself and Chunky have offered to lend Steve the required bottom C from our basses but he won't let us help him, he is so proud, bless his little cotton socks. Any way the pause in the piece is now so long, while he looks for the note, (he was practically chasing around the park we played in yesterday:biggrin:) that we can have a quick pint.

Anyway good to see you on tMP Steve. I look forward to your informative input.:tongue:
  4. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Cawston Band are delighted to announce that Steve Clarke finally produced a bottom C whilst playing the Muppets last night.

Baby Bottom C came into the world at around 9:30pm.

Both Father, Instrument and Baby Bottom C are doing well. Although somewhat premature, Baby Bottom C seemed to have a healthy sound to it and will be monitored constantly.

Proud father, Steve hopes to give Baby Bottom C its first public appearance on Sunday. Although if its a bit chilly and raining he may not risk bringing Baby Bottom C out. Steve is known to have a low man flu tolerance and Baby Bottom C may have inherited his genes!

Joint Godfathers Chunky & Big Phat Bass Boy were too overwhelmed with feelings of amazement to comment last night.
  5. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Well I never heard it and I was sitting right behind him lol!
  6. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

No Chunky, he's beyond help - he lives with my little sister;)
  7. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Hey you leave our star baritone out of this!!! ;)

Lets just hope he does it on Sunday!!! Can only assume the travel North of the Border caused your ears to be blocked!

Thanks again for coming up last night Ian, much appreciated and see you Sunday!
  8. rachelbaritone

rachelbaritone New Member

****** cheek, big bruv. Anyway, I'm sure Steve's been beyond help for quite some time!!

9. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

You may have a point. We are talking about a man who is still wanted in Germany for whilst virtually naked, committed a violent drunken assault on a vending machine to satisfy the late night chocolate addiction of his room mate and himself!!
  10. steveeuph

steveeuph New Member

'Ave it!

What perfect timing, fathers day and a big fat pedal C ringing aroung the Chapelfield bandstand. 'Ave it! :biggrin:
  11. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Yes it was a real pleasure to hear Baby Bottom C yesterday. Can't wait till the next time!