Les Neish mouthpiece

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by pbirch, Jan 20, 2012.

1. pbirch

pbirch Member

Has anyone tried the new LN signature mouthpiece from Alliance? It looks very nice, but I would be interested to hear some comments on how it plays.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Les Neish
    LN
    Alliance
    new LN signature mouthpiece
    Les Neish mouthpiece
  3. LesNeish

LesNeish New Member

Hi there. If you would like, send an e-mail to les@tuba-artist.com and we can try and sort out something for you to try out a mouthpiece!

Many thanks,

Les

4. Graeme Gemmell

Graeme Gemmell New Member

I have been playing one since late December, and I am loving it. The sound quality is lovley and mellow, and it has certainlly helped my range, especially the high stuff. I am sure i will feel even better with it given some more time and practice. Would highly recommend.

5. tommyontimps

tommyontimps New Member

I tried the Neish a few months ago, with him being my tutor it kind of helps if we play the same :p I thought it was great, and I bought one today as a matter of fact. The mouthpiece helps me produce a note more direct and it gives the tuba a more sonorous (spelt correctly?) sound in the higher register. It has also helped with my range - all in one day! Definately worth trying.

6. Tubby

Tubby Member

I'm going to buy one of these this week however I'm unsure what plating to get?

7. pbirch

pbirch Member

I think you should get one that contrasts with your tuba - if it is silver plated, get a gold mouthpiece, if lacquered get a silver one, in reality it will depend if you can make the extra cash for the gold bling.
    I have had one for a couple of weeks now, and i really like it, it feels comfortable to play, and is great for high range playing, I would agree with the comment above about a more direct sound with more focus, but the plating won't affect that, good luck with it, and I would recommend it too.

8. Tubby

Tubby Member

Thanks Peter for your advise, as we have lacquered basses I was going to go for the silver and bling version, did you try before you bought?

9. tommyontimps

tommyontimps New Member

You have a choice from Silver (£85), Gold Rim & Cup or fully gold (£105). I play on the Gold rim and cup and it feels really good on my lips. Not had any problems after 3 months:p

10. pbirch

pbirch Member

i did have some contact with Les to try to arrange something, but a couple of days overtime meant that I had the cash to go for it, but if anyone is after a Denis Wick 2SL, or a Schilke 66, or a VB24AW megatone drop me a line...

11. Tubby

Tubby Member

Yup I'm kind of in the same boat after working far too much this month I have some decent money coming, I currently play on a VB24AW do you find it any different?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Les Neish
    LN
    Alliance
    new LN signature mouthpiece
    Les Neish mouthpiece
  13. pbirch

pbirch Member

it has a brighter sound, worth about a major third on my high range and gives great control in very quiet playing, not that I have much problem with stamina, it doesn't tire the embouchure

14. Tubby

Tubby Member

Ok my mind is made up, my high register is a bit of a problem, I think that is down to playing BBb from the aged of 14 until the age of 33, will let you know how I get on.

15. Tubby

Tubby Member

Well the mouthpiece arrived, I used it yesterday evening in Church and all I can say is awesome the width and depth of sound it helps you acheive is amazing. So pleased with my purchase and would recommend to all tuba players.