Leeds United fans ONLY!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by madandcrazytromboneguy, Oct 4, 2006.

1. OK guys and girls

What the hell is going on at our club?!?!?!?!

We've at least gotten rid of our 1st weak link this season in former manager Kevin Blackwell, but why have we not replaced the likes of Stephen Crainey, Ian Westlake, Rui Marques, and Ian Moore, with better players?, its a disgrace that those 4 are still on our books, or even came onto our books in the 1st place!

On the plus side, Matt Kilgallon has been excellent this season, and I think that Frazer Richardson, Seb Carole, and Jermaine Beckford also have very good futures at Leeds United aswell, and which of the managers being mentioned would you like to see come and take us into the premiership? Alan Curbishley is my top vote, with Claudio Ranieri a distant 2nd, very good coach, but tinkers too much like blackwell did!
  2. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

I would be after Curbishley or my personal favourite and less obvious choice.....Paul Jewell.
  3. aye jewell would kick some of the players up the rear end if he took charge, and we could get him coz he aint on good terms with those 2 owners of wigan sport right now is he, who knows, PJ could be in the running, aswell as AC
  4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Lost your last three games straight and shipped ten goals in the process...not going awfully well is it chaps?
  5. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Oh come on now, easy on them, their dramatic fall from grace must be a particularly difficult pill to swallow :rolleyes:
  6. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Heard all this before, but bring on the abuse if you think you have something new ...?!?

Poor state of affairs at Leeds. They have not got a bad set of players but there's no quality leadership or off the field. I get the feeling that if they could get the right man in charge, there is a enormous potential.

Ticket costs are a huge issue - some fans would have paid £35 to watch us lose 4-0 to Stoke on Saturday. Common sense has kicked in with much of the fan base, 16000 there last night. I have a mortgage, fuel costs, council tax, insurances to depress me financially without paying more to watch a poor football team, who look as if they could not care less
  7. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Sadly I can hear the moans for free, as I live close enough to the once mighty Elland road to get live Reaction to the goals (or lack there of). The fan base has always been a bit of an issue wen we've been in lower divisions, but with the ridiculous ticket prices at the moment I can only see it getting worse!!

So who's the man for the job? I'd like to see Mr. Bates use his contacts and get us Ranieri, He'd done a slow but competent job at Chelsea until the cash rich era arrived, and I think he could could be the man to build us a long term rise.

Still When i'm down in the dumps and sad about how my team has gone to the dogs, I can always console myself with two things - 1. We don't play in Blue and White 2. we're not nicknamed after the most annoying little dogs in the world!
  8. 2nd man down

They're only annoying because they never give up, unlike your pityful football team (I use that term very loosely) who seem to have pitched the towel in already.

I've listended for far to long about how much more superior to those other clubs in Yorkshire Leeds are...these truly are wonderful times. :biggrin: ;)
  9. becks164

becks164 Member

leeds what the heck is going on there fighting for relugation all ready!!!!! its awesome as a loyal hudds fan i am loving every min of you in danger of going down its awesome hehe. come town your climbing up the table now you can do it
  10. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Ranieri is too good for Leeds IMO.
  11. 2nd man down

I'm sorry...but oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!! 5-1!!! :eek: Thats 15 goals conceded in the last four games!! :biggrin:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...
  12. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Latest news from Sky Sports website is Denis Wise and Gus Poyet could be taking over!!! Why?!?!?!?!?! Any other rumours about who could be in the running, or is this the most likely?
    Only live a couple of hours away but wouldn't want to be wasting my money on those recent displays!!
  13. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Has Alan Curbishly been approached? If not, why not? I think he'd be just what Leeds need.

Whilst I'll always love Dennis Wise (as an ex-crazy gang member) I'm not sure he'll be able to stop the rot
  14. dyl

dyl Active Member

That'll be Mr. Bates providing jobs for his ex-Chelsea mates then!
  15. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Swindon seem to be putting a block on things at the mo, somethingto do with leeds not wanting to pay the right amount of compensation
  16. 2nd man down

Congrats Wisey, you just enjoyed the shortest managerial honeymoon period...EVER! :biggrin:

Can't remember who it was that thumped your wimps in white 4-1 last night but I gather once they'd taken the lead they just "pressed on". :rolleyes:
  17. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Thought I heard the sound of a bubble bursting as I drove along the M62 this morning!
  18. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Maybe it wasn't such a Wise move afterall!
  19. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

IT's all a big dream, and i'll wake up soon finding out that we haven't really done the "jobs for the boys trick" and emlployed someone with no proven track record of managing any team well!

He didn't get a honeymoon period, last week at the Cup game (when we were losing again) Wise was in with Bates just watching, and all the crowd were singing anti Chelsea songs - just bout sums it up really - As big a cock up, as G. Graham to Spurs!
  20. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

The only manager in the last ten years to have won a trophy at Spurs?