Leeds United - Fans In Action

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rebel Tuba, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

Okay so most people say that the problems at Leeds have been brought on by themselves. However, as per usual its the fans that will suffer as management moved to pastures new and players on to new clubs. There seems to be obstacles around every corner taking a kick at Leeds, from government, local MPs and footballing authorities, everyone going round and round in circles and the season keeping ever so much closer I may not have a club to support next year (and anyone that knows me know my entire wardrobe has an LUFC badge on it somewhere).

So have fans any power, I dont know, but what I do know is that if we try to show we care then we've done something. Hence an arcorn has started growing over the last 24 hours that could grow into something mighty special (or could wither and die), but at least we tried...

There's a planned protest to take place at the foot of Billy Bremners staute at Elland Road from today onwards. Leeds fans, other team fans and local people are urged to visit Elland Road and lay flowers, shirts and scarves at the foot of Billys statue to show that we care about our club. There is so much going on behind the scenes for anyone to know all the ins and outs of what is happening but the fans have been silent for too long. By laying flowers (only white, blue and yellow ones) we can make a statement that we shall not go down without a fight. The message is that as fans we want to save our club.

I am seriously worried that we will not be given league status next year by the Football League. This is now a very real concern, the football season kicks off in less than a month and we are no nearer to be being allowed to kick a ball in anger. It may not seem like you're doing much by just laying a few flowers but we need to start to do something, as fans we need to promote our fears and concerns to the media.

Please show your support for your club by laying some flowers, shirts and scarves on the Lowfields over the weekend. Please pass this onto any other Leeds fans and spread the message.

This appeal is not just about Leeds United, it is for every supporter of every football team out there, we want it to be a message to team management and footballing authorities that the fans are just as important as anyone else.

Time for Leeds to unite and time for fans to unite
  2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Well put. I think that is one thing that might be overlooked in the Tevez saga.

Good luck with your efforts.
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

As a Huddersfield Town fan (who admittedly can be quite cinical about the future of all our local rivals) I have to say that I hope your protest is a success.
    I don't think anyone truly wants to see anothers club go out of business (even tho I may joke about it occassionally), I wouldn't wish it on anyone, after all my own club was only reportedly 11 hours away from the same fate a few seasons ago.

I do hope you're there competing as a club again this season (how else can we get the 6 points from you if you're not in the league *joke*), and I do hope Leeds Utd has a future, I wish you and your fellow supporters (who must be feeling every bit as desperate as we did) the best of luck with your protest.
    One comment tho, would the money spent on flowers not be better off on the club coffers, or would that be seen as filling the pockets of the money leaches bleeding the club dry?

Good luck. You may find a Huddersfield scarf of mine amongst the shirts at Bremners feet.
  4. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Firstly with one exception, I would not want to see a club go out of business.

A certain club down the road from here managed to agree to pay only 5 pence in every pound owed so they stayed in existence, why clubs are allowed to do this is beyond me. Try offering the same to people you owe money to and getting away with it.

Fan power does work! In the late 90's there were massive protests at Carrow Road against the then Chairman and eventually he left.

I really hope it works for Leeds United too. The best way to hurt the club is to boycott the games, refuse to buy items from the club shop. They may need every penny they can get but whilst supporters keep turning up the regime in charge will carry on taking the mickey out of the supporters.

The players have not been paid, bills have not been paid but yet the club are on a tour of the Czech Republic according to this report
  5. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

Thanks 2nd man down (yep we will need those 6 points *joke back at ya*)

Chunky - the problem lies that the FL are allowing friendlies to be played by the old Leeds United, this tour all paid for (as much as anything was paid for), by the old Leeds United. Ken Bates now owns LU07 (the NEW Leeds United). The players have signed agreements to be paid by the New Leeds once the Golder Shower, sorry Golden Share, is transferred to New Leeds, which is where the controversy is over players wages. Ken Bates insists he cannot pay the wages for players he doesnt own, would you (the players currently owned by Administration company). Its catch 22.

What LUFC need is for the FL to pull the finger out issue the Golden Share to LU07, we can start to build the team, pay the players fulfil the fixtures. THEN the FL need to look into any irregularities, if anything was done wrong by KB in the purchase of LU07, sue him, fine him charge him, bring in the police and send him away for a long time, allowing someone with passion to come in and re-buy the club.

Unfortunately, me thinks, Ken Bates isn't that stupid and any wrong doings will be we and truly tucked under the Elland Road floorboards.