Leaving School

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by lottie4744, May 19, 2006.

1. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

It's that time of year again, I've now finished school for study leave and it's the happiest I've been in a long time. Knowing I won't be going back for 6th form is good, but I know I'll miss everyone.

Yesterday being the last day though was probably one of the most enjoyable days I've had at school though. People pulling pranks, looking back at old photo's, watching the headteacher "fall" off him chair!

Was just wondering if anyone else has any memorable moments from school?

2. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Getting rid of the little ***** today. I'll only have 11 lessons to teach next week. Now I remember why I became a teacher!

Expect we'll have the usual sorts of things today. Some Y11's will somehow procure some white lightning at lunch and stumble in off their faces this afternoon to the exam briefing.

3. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

hmmm so unfair our students are not getting exam leave -infact I will only be losing 1 lesson off my timetable :S upper 6 leave next week but I haven't got any A2 teaching this year, AS are staying until (and after the exams - to start A2 stuff), all the vocational carries through anyway! grrr

4. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I remember having a great time on the last day of school last year. We had a big leavers assembly and the usual bunny ears, went round taking photos and hugging everyone in sight (including teachers), getting totally over emotional, all excited about the Prom the same night...
    ...Only to come back to 6th form in September realising that most of the people we'd said goodbye to were still there :rolleyes:
    Great fun all the same!
    I just started study leave this morning so have just rolled out of bed. At the moment I'm thinking it should maybe be changed to tMP leave?

5. Rebolina

Rebolina New Member

Also leaving school, thought leaving next week as I'm upper sixth. Got some great memories from every section with in my school, some great mates and great teachers. :clap: SO glad I have finished though

6. Texus

Texus Member

from every teacher on the planet - wa hey - free summer term periods return!
    Good luck all

7. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Fire alarm went off twice during last lesson, while I was trying to teach a class of awful Y10's. The maturity of 16 year olds knows no bounds.

8. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

I've had a belting day.

9. HBB

HBB Active Member

I've still got 1 week of A2's left!!

10. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Wish I was stiil at school, or even college.. or uni

Being a grownup is awful, you have to stay sober in the daytime...

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    School It
    finished school
    pranks
    headteacher
    old photo
  12. HBB

HBB Active Member

And sleep at night and be awake in the day! :eek:

13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- that rules me out then :)

14. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Last day was amazing :tongue: and it was actually *gasps* 4 years ago!!!! I FEEL SO OLD!! the best bit had to be the awards.... especially the smoking sleeve award... awarded to person most often caught trying to hide the fact that they had a fag in their hand..... and the awardee's response 'but I don't even smoke sir' :tongue:

Last day of college was awesome aswell.... soooooooo emotional though.... actually realising that despite the fact the whole group never stopped arguing once for the whole 2 years (it was a vocational course) we actually loved each other so much and it was very tearful! It was weird going from being with same 13 people every day of the week for two years to never seeing them! Especially when 2 of them are your best mates! We had a little party with cakes and grapes for the health freaks :tongue: awwww I wanna be back on the BTEC! :tongue:

I can't wait til September though.... finally decided I actually want to go to proper uni! Just hope I get accepted!

15. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

After last night I have to agree with you!

My son had his last day at school yesterday. He asked if he could stop at his mates house, nothing unusual there. Just got home from band rehearsal and a few drinks at the pub, having a cup of coffee before going to bed and suddenly there is a loud knock at the door. 11.55pm! My son, thankfully sober, was stood with his mate in his arms, absolutely out of his head. Slipping in and out of consciousness, throwing up when conscious. With him was another mate from school, who had another lad in his arms in the same condition. It appears my son and two of his friends had decided to go to the local teenage 'hotspot' and have a drink to celebrate. Thankfully, my son is quite sensible, and although he admitted he had had one or two mouthfuls from the bottle of vodka his mates had, he hadn't drunk. At 10.30pm he had tried to get his two friends home, struggling to carry both of them. Fortunately he had bumped into another mate who had helped him the rest of the way home.

My son wanted me to let them all stay at my house the night and then go home in the morning. At first, although not happy, I agreed and made up a makeshift bed downstairs, with lots of towels and buckets. However, I soon realised that I would be sat up all night watching the pair of them. I was also concerned if they deteriorated overnight and I had not let their parents know, I would feel very responsible. Fortunately, after a discussion, my son agreed and allowed me to contact their parents. At 1am, I'm driving around the streets, with 4 teenagers, 2 throwing up into a bucket!

The positive of this event however, is that my son was absolutely terrified for his mates. He couldn't stop shaking, he thought they were going to choke and die on their vomit! At least seeing this, it may prevent him from getting into this state in the future. I just hope he has learned his lesson.

By the way, even though he wasn't drunk himself and acted responsibly by trying to get them home to me, he will be grounded! :biggrin:

16. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Id forgot all about that, I go to bed at 11 with a cup of tea :)

17. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Parents are so unreasonable :rolleyes: . He did nothing wrong - he wasn't drunk and helped to make sure his friends (who were) stayed safe. Yet he still gets grounded? :confused: :(

[Kevin the teenager voice] That's so unfair!!! ;) [/Kevin the teenager voice]

18. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

It may seem unfair but,

1) He wasn't drunk, but he admitted to drinking some vodka
    2) He knows he is not allowed out after 10pm (he is still only 15yrs)
    3) When I'm at band rehearsal he knows I like to know he is safe, hence he is normally in the house before I go, I trusted him not to do anything silly.

If he had come home in the same state his friends did, he would have been grounded until after his exams had finished! Because he did not, I have only grounded him for the weekend and, on band rehearsal nights he will be in the home. Fortunately, he is not like 'Kevin', he knows he did wrong, and has accepted his punishment. On saying all this, I did praise him for not getting into the same state as them, and for being responsible. However, that doesn't mean he shouldn't receive some punishment for disobeying me in the first place, just meant his 'sentence' was reduced. ;)

19. HBB

HBB Active Member

Haha - so glad you're not my mum!!!

Although saying that.. I wouldn't have done that anyway - i've been brough up in bands! :D

20. lauren

lauren Member

I don't go on study leave for A2 till 9th June!! What's that all about?!

21. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I only got study leave on the day of my second exam! That's just mean!

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    School It
    finished school
    pranks
    headteacher
    old photo