Leaving Band Concerts

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by timjones, May 24, 2004.

1. timjones

timjones Member

What is the shortest time you have had somebody leave a concert you have been playing in?

A couple of weekends ago, Regent Hall Band were in Scotland, and the opening piece of the festival was "Fanfare and Flourishes". Within 2 bars, Jonny Whitmore and myself had made a baby cry, and the parents left their seats and didn't come back!

Oops! :p

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Band Concerts
    concert
    somebody
    piece
    couple
  3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

In our old band we once had 2 band members walk out at half time! :? :eek:
    Needless to say they weren't seen again!

Think i've been involved in the odd gig at a band club and people have up sticks pretty early in the programme.

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I can beat that one: we had a guest player with the wind ensemble who left half-way through the rehearsal (afternoon rehearsal, evening concert), leaving us about 3-4 hours to find a replacement :shock: :oops: :wink:

5. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I am quite lucky to say I've never had a player just walk out. I did once see someone get up and walk out of the open tenor horn solo section at a contest once after the first note. The poor girl was nervous and was slightly out of tune, and some stuck up so-and-so was disgusted.

I take great pride in noting her entire band returned the favour come open trombones when he played.

6. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

hehe. serves the cheeky *beep* right.

i dont think we've ever had anybody walk out of one of our concerts........ or we might have and i jus didnt notice.... can happen :roll: