Leaving Band Concerts

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by timjones, May 24, 2004.

1. timjones

timjones Member

What is the shortest time you have had somebody leave a concert you have been playing in?

A couple of weekends ago, Regent Hall Band were in Scotland, and the opening piece of the festival was "Fanfare and Flourishes". Within 2 bars, Jonny Whitmore and myself had made a baby cry, and the parents left their seats and didn't come back!

Oops! :p
  2. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

In our old band we once had 2 band members walk out at half time! :? :eek:
    Needless to say they weren't seen again!

Think i've been involved in the odd gig at a band club and people have up sticks pretty early in the programme.
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I can beat that one: we had a guest player with the wind ensemble who left half-way through the rehearsal (afternoon rehearsal, evening concert), leaving us about 3-4 hours to find a replacement :shock: :oops: :wink:
  4. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

I am quite lucky to say I've never had a player just walk out. I did once see someone get up and walk out of the open tenor horn solo section at a contest once after the first note. The poor girl was nervous and was slightly out of tune, and some stuck up so-and-so was disgusted.

I take great pride in noting her entire band returned the favour come open trombones when he played.
  5. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

hehe. serves the cheeky *beep* right.

i dont think we've ever had anybody walk out of one of our concerts........ or we might have and i jus didnt notice.... can happen :roll: