Learn Brass Website

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ChrisHatch, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ChrisHatch

ChrisHatch Member

Just an idea I'm trying out to see if there is any interest - http://www.learnbrass.co.uk/

Bands that offer brass lessons to beginners can get a listing, when I have some I'll add some sort of postcode searchable list for people to search for brass lessons.

So if your band does do something please fill the form in and we'll see if there's enough interest to make something of this.
  2. nethers

nethers Active Member

Not a bad idea, site looks nice too. Sadly I'm in NZ but good luck!
  3. iffytboner

iffytboner Member

Great idea.... If its free. Not trying to be negative, its just that bands at the level that I teach for can't afford referral fees. Small suggestion for web page - it would help if there was a note on the practise night section to say that you need to hold down Ctrl to select more than one night. Iain
  4. ChrisHatch

ChrisHatch Member

It's free for bands to list themselves.

If in the future individuals want to advertise their services or products that would be different.

But let's see where it goes first - 6 bands so far, I'm sure (or at least I really hope) there are more that teach beginners than that!
  5. bobbyp

bobbyp Member

Do you have to be a Brass Band to register, or can Wind Bands or even Brass Ensembles register?
  6. ChrisHatch

ChrisHatch Member

It's aimed, certainly in the first instance, at brass bands alone.

That's mainly for manageability, and partly because I'm more interested in brass bands.

Anyhow, we're up to 13 bands now, I'm still hoping there are more to go!