Leamington

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Lotta, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Lotta

Lotta Member

So who's at Leamington next Sunday for WMBBA?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    :D
    Leamington
    Moulton
    Julia
  3. Owen S

Owen S Member

We'll be there in the second section, following the cancellation of this year's (and it seems every year's) Folkestone contest.

4. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Carlton Brass will also be there competing in the 2nd section :tup

5. Di

Di Active Member

Wigston will be there. :)

6. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

West Mercia will be there

7. Euphonomium

Euphonomium Member

City of Brimingham are gonna be there

8. Lotta

Lotta Member

Seems like there will be more bands than there were last year - great news. Always good to support you local association.

9. 010102

010102 Member

East London Brass will be playing in the 2nd section as well...looks like it's going to be a packed section :) I remember it being a good theatre to play in.

10. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Yiewsley and West Drayton will be there (looks like theres going to be quite a few London bands, I know we're going cause Folkestone didn't happen).

11. 010102

010102 Member

Hopefully we'll all be playing different pieces (not allowed to say what we're playing, as I did in a recruitment add and had it removed...which is fair enough)....We're doing it because of Folkestone as well....we're also braving Butlins in January brrrrrrrr!!!! ... Oh well, anything to fill the time up to stop rehearsals for Carnival happening too soon after christmas.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    :D
    Leamington
    Moulton
    Julia
  13. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Does anyone know the full line up for Leamington?

14. 010102

010102 Member

tried phoning the WMBBA people but have got just answer machines today...

15. Sorry late addition to the thread, but Chalgrove are going in the 4th section, anybody got any idea who the adjudicator is or which other bands are going?

16. 010102

010102 Member

adjudicators are:
    Open, First & Second = Barry Thompson
    Third & Fourth = John Berryman

Does anyone have an idea what Barry Thompson is like??...not sure we've been adjudicated by him before?

17. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Both very experienced adjudicators been adjudicating at contests for a number of years.

18. Richard Orme

Richard Orme Member

Kibworth will be going, and we are playing in 1st and open sections, glad to see theres a few more bands than previous years. Not a bad venue either with a bar on site.:)

19. BarneyEuph

BarneyEuph Member

Leicester Co-op will be there again in the Third Section. :clap:

20. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Brackley and District def going,last i heard (and i am only sop player so it could be wrong)we playing in 1st sec and open, look forward to seeing you all again,i think i have sobered up from Pontins, so should be able to get head round some dots in test piece(s):clap:

21. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Quite right too Di..:)

But blimey, how many bands are in the second section this year? Last year was a very poor attendance (can't say too much as we didn't go either, although I was there for the beer :cool: ), so what has changed? Why the bumper crop this year? Leicester is the same, which is fantastic, but can anyone shed any light on why these two contests are much more popular than they were last year, without (seemingly) making any chages?

Oh, and I really like playing in the Spa centre. Good venue. I've done concerts and contests there, and its one of the better places I've done local contests at recently. But yeah the bar does tend to shut at a particularly wussy hour.

22. Di

Di Active Member

*jumps up and down waving hand *

Me .. Me .. Me

:tongue:

There's a few bands playing here as the Folkestone contest was cancelled. :)