Leamington spa contest

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by David Pegram, Jul 21, 2005.

1. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

Can anyone tell me a contact for entry forms for the above contest on the 27/11/05

2. davidsait

davidsait Member

Yes, the West Midlands BBA. From ibew.co.uk:

# West Midlands Brass Bands Association (BFBB) (24 bands), Secretary - Greta Russell, 256 Longfellow Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV2 5HJ, Tel: 024-764-42701

3. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Don't forget to tell your band to bring 6-packs & thermos, becuse the bar and catering normally closes halfway through the 2nd section :)

4. davidsait

davidsait Member

I personally wouldn't bother packing anything. You're 2 minutes away from The Parade - which has a large number of pubs, Leamington being a major student residential area as well as a large town.

5. NeilW

NeilW Member

All the trade stands have closed up and gone before the championship section bands even get there too!

Maybe see some of you there - Stonesfield are currently planning to go....

Neil.

6. postie

postie Member

If I remember rightly their is a Wetherspoons just a Stones throw away from the Spa Centre.

7. davidsait

davidsait Member

There is - The Benjamin Satchwell. Right out of the Spa Centre, right down the road where the coaches park, and then turn right up the Parade. Satchwells is on the left.

Also recommended is the Jug and Jester - turn left when you get to the Parade.

8. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

I thought the original request was for details of the contest not where you all go drinking?

9. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

contest/drinking 2 sides of the same coin !

10. persins

persins Member

Absolutely!! Drinking vast quantities of alcohol is vital to the contesting experience. I've only been to Leamington contest once with Woodfalls a couple of years ago. I was shocked and stunned by the bar not being open. I was just about to get a strop on but then found a quality drinking establishment very near to the venue. I can't remember what it was called but it served beer and so all was well!! I think we won too so I have happy memories of the contest anyway!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Leamington spa
    Leamington spa contest
    entry forms
    contact
  12. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Indeed! See you in the bar Steve!

13. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

Thanks for all the info the watering holes are very important.No drink no band no contest.