LB Brass Quartet, Beds area, vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by tonygee, Jan 10, 2009.

1. tonygee

tonygee New Member

Dear Mouthpeicers,

I am setting up a new brass quartet in the Leighton Buzzard area (Beds, Herts, Bucks), to play a whole load of origonal arrangements made at the turn of the centuary by a Swedish arranger. The arrangements are polkas, marches etc so are a lot of fun to play. The setting is as follows

Eb sop cornet (myself)
    Bb Cornet
    Bb Valve trombone

I am looking for fellow musicians that want to have a bit of fun and play a function every now and then.
    If you are interested please let me know, as I am keen to start rehersing quite soon.

Best wishes

2. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

I am a musical director of brass bands also an accomplished Euph player.
    I have 2 web sites &
    I am interested in playing with you, is it a valve trombone player you require? maybe I can help.
    I live in Milton keynes.
    Please let me know
  3. tonygee

tonygee New Member

Bass Player for Brass Quartet in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire

Dear TMPers

We have formed a brass quartet in Leighton Buzzard (Bedfordshhire), to play some origonal arrangements from a swedish musician (Albin Holmgren) originating at the turn of the centuary. We now have an opening for a bass player who is conforatable reading concert pitch. The quartet is intended for fun and the occasional reception/function.

Please drop me a line if you are interested

Best wishes

4. tonygee

tonygee New Member

LB Brass quartet have an opening for a Eb Bass or BBb bass, Leighton Buzzard (Beds)

LB Brass quartet, are seeking an Eb or BBb bass player to finally make our trio a quartet!

The quartet plays origonal arrangements from the turn of the centuary by the Swedish arranger, Albin Holmgren.

The arrangements (over 100 in all) were recently rediscovered in a dusty attic in an old student union building in Uppsala, Sweden and have now been lovingly restored and brought to the UK.

The aim of the LB quartet is to bring this music to the earlobes of the british public for the first time, and will be rehearsing in the Leighton Buzzard (Milton Keynes/Aylesbury/Luton) area.

The settting for the quartet is rather unusual: soprano cornet, Bb cornet, valve trombone (trombone or euphonium) and bass (concert pitch).

If you are interested in joining us please get in touch.
  5. tonygee

tonygee New Member

Looking for a Bass player in Bes/Herts/Buck area

If you are interested in playing some extra-curricular quartet music in the Beds/Herts/Bucks area and play a Tuba (Eb or Bb in bass clef, concert pitch) please get in touch