Latest Philip Sparke releases from Anglo Music Press

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Anglo Music Press, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

MARCHES
    The Bandwagon
    A short and slick Broadway-style march

Marchissimo
    A novelty march that can be used to bring players on stage one-by-one

SOLOS
    Manhattan
    A two-movement cornet solo describing a weekend in New York. The slow, bluesy movement can be played on its own

Variants on an English Hymn Tune
    A moderately easy air varie for euphonium and band based on the hymn tune Nicaea. Recorded by Mark Bousie on a forthcoming Sellers CD.

OVERTURE
    The Pioneers
    A 5-minute overture composed for the National Children's Brass Band of Great Britain.

ARRANGEMENTS
    Hymn to the Fallen (from Saving Private Ryan)
    Trancribed directly from John Williams' orchestral score - with optional chorus parts available separately.

Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair
    A new arrangement of Stephen Foster's lovely hymn to his wife.

David of the White Rock
    Dramatic full-band version of this gorgeous tune.

Jerusalem
    Parry's famous hymn tune with snatches of Elgar's orchestral accompaniment, as used on the Last Night of the Proms.

Anglo Music publications are available from De Haske. For your nearest dealer, visit:-

http://www.philipsparke.com/de_haske_addresses.htm

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Broadway
    Philip Sparke
    Stephen Foster
    Marchissimo
    Anglo Music Press
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Philip... do you have soundbytes or miniclips of any of these pieces...?

4. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

:) i was gonna ask if the euph piece was purdy but i might see if i can get hold of mark...
    xx

5. Anglo Music Press

Yes and no! I have a catalogue with sample recordings on CD. Please let me or De Hakse know if you would like one.

Some of these pieces have only just been recorded, so we will have samples soon.

Later this year, we hope to launch a new web-site where you can see scores and listen to bits.

6. Anglo Music Press

'purdy' is just the word I would use for it! :p

7. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

Philip-

I was just on 4BarsRest and saw in a news item that Foden's are including an arrangement of yours on an upcoming concert at the Great Northern Brass Arts Festival. The details as listed there are:

Ave Verum Corpus - Mozart arr Sparke
    Soloists: Glyn Williams, Natsumi Inaba, Helen Tyler, Michael Warriner

Is this a new or unpublished work, or am I just looking in the wrong places? Any information about this arrangement other than the fact that it features the euphs and baris??

I ask simply because I feel that Ave Verum Corpus is one of the most profoundly beautiful pieces ever written. I have played it several times in a wonderful arrangement for tuba-euphonium quartet, but never in an arrangement for brass band. (I know that there are a few arrangements out there for BB, but I haven't even had an opportunity to hear any of them.)

Thanks for any info.

-Lothian

8. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

As this is a BB forum, can I assume this is a brass band arrangement? As I've played the wind band version and it's a cracker!

9. Anglo Music Press

Yes, it's done for brass band as well as concert band

10. Anglo Music Press

Hi Lothian,

How are you?

This arrangement is for euph/bari quartet accompanied by band.

It's not in print but Studio Music have a manuscript copy and will probbably be happy to sell you a copy of this.

Please contact Stan Kitchen.

stan@studio-music.co.uk

11. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Hello Philip,

In Kerkrade I had the pleasure of hearing "Between the Two Rivers" about 10 times or so, and I really enjoyed it a lot. That was the original fanfare band version of course, but I see on your website that there also is a brass band and concert band version of the piece. If these are anywhere near as good as the fanfare band version, I can recognize it to everyone here on tMP ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Broadway
    Philip Sparke
    Stephen Foster
    Marchissimo
    Anglo Music Press
  13. Anglo Music Press

Many thanks Jan,

Yes, I have done both brass band and concert band versions. The brass band version has been recorded by Sellers International Band on a CD of my music to be released shortly!!!!

14. supersop_1

supersop_1 Account Suspended

PLayed the bandwagon and variations on an english hymn tune with a band based in hudderfield a few wekds ago.very very good.Loved the sop part to english hymn tune!!!!

15. Anglo Music Press

New from the pen of Philip Sparke

MARCHES
    The Bandwagon
    A short and slick Broadway-style march

Marchissimo
    A novelty march that can be used to bring players on stage one-by-one

SOLOS
    Manhattan
    A two-movement cornet solo describing a weekend in New York. The slow, bluesy movement can be played on its own

Variants on an English Hymn Tune
    A moderately easy air varie for euphonium and band based on the hymn tune Nicaea. Recorded by Mark Bousie on a forthcoming Sellers CD.

OVERTURE
    The Pioneers
    A 5-minute overture composed for the National Children's Brass Band of Great Britain.

ARRANGEMENTS
    Hymn to the Fallen (from Saving Private Ryan)
    Trancribed directly from John Williams' orchestral score - with optional chorus parts available separately.

Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair
    A new arrangement of Stephen Foster's lovely hymn to his wife.

David of the White Rock
    A new version of this gorgeous tune

Jerusalem
    Parry's famous hymn tune with snatches of Elgar's orchestral accompaniment, as used on the Last Night of the Proms.

Anglo Music publications are available from De Haske. For your nearest dealer, visit:-

http://www.philipsparke.com/de_haske_addresses.htm

16. Moy

Moy Active Member

Excellent Mr S - looking forward to seeing and hearing your great music.

Your semi-quaver friend who has now progressed to demi-semis ----oooooo:clap: