Last Night Of The Proms 2004!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by kate_the_horn, Sep 12, 2004.

1. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

who was there?

we were in manchester and in true advert form, we were on the tele!!

we also (stabby jnr, mummy kate_the_horn, 2 clarinet players, a violin player, a guitar player, and a random swiss lady) started the "we want john" chant!!

(u had to be there)

check out M.E.N news on monday, for me in a union flag wig (if im in)

i'll post a link, when i find some pictures!

kelly
    (land of hope and glory queen):-D

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    advert form
    jnr
    Last Night Of The Proms 2004
    swiss lady
    glory
  3. jameshowell

jameshowell Active Member

I felt the Last Night was a bit of a let down this year, didn't enjoy it in the slightest. I miss the guy that sued to do it, he was much better.

Though the french horn player doing the solo on channel 2 b4hand was amazing!

4. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

My daughter Abigail was there too, in the Halle Choir - (can you feel the warm glow of a proud father).

5. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

David Pyatt his name is. The most incredible player of the instrument ever. But The BBCSO were as good as they were all Proms season (quite a bit rubbish!)

6. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

where were u?

ask her if she saw the loud crowd at the front, with the union jack wig and the inflatable hand!

that was us!!

kell x

7. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Was he a solicitor?

8. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Had the Tuba player got it written into his contract that he didn't want to appear on the TV - the Beeb showed lots and lots of shots of the row of Troms but had sat the Tuba(s) on the next step up on their own and apart from one distance shot (and the inevitable close ups of the euphonium solo) you never got to see the Tuba (even when, I think, he used a Sousaphone to play Liberty Bell !)

Ron

9. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Do you think it had anything to do with the fact that the principal trombone and her bumper both had long blonde hair !

No I wasn't there Kate, I prefer the comfort of the armchair!, but I think my mother-in-law saw your group on telly, I won't say what she said lol!

10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

David Pyatt is indeed a very fine player, although I thought his performance was oddly restrained, especially remembering him playing the same work in the BBC Young Musician of the Year competition several years back.

I agree with Ronnie the Lizard about the camera work - the tuba players very rarely appeared in shot, and it would have been an ideal opportunity to show a sousaphone "in action".

Also, I must say I don't like the amendment of Henry Wood's "Sea Songs" to include the "national" airs, in arrangements that are completely out of character with the rest, quite apart from the problems of co-ordination with the outside broadcasts. With their inclusion, it also means omitting both the trombone quartet and the clarinet cadenza that were always highlights (if only to see whether they got through them unscathed :oops: )

11. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Hear! Hear!

Janet

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    advert form
    jnr
    Last Night Of The Proms 2004
    swiss lady
    glory