Larsson at ManU?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by brassneck, Jan 7, 2007.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

:eek: ... looks like I haven't been reading enough sports news in the last week or two. Surprise loan signing and a debut against Martin O'Neil's Villa ... gonna be an interesting game I think!

2. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Larsson, what can I say. Quite simply the best footballer I have ever witnessed playing the game and I've seen a lot of great players. And Mourinho has the cheek to call himself the special one. No, Jose, there can be only one....

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Aye - good player - bit of a weird deal though - I'm not sure he's there till the end of the season - just for three months or something? Will probably turn out to be an inspired bit of business by Slur Alex - giving them a boost for the second half of the season and all that.

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I saw the first half and his goal and he was simply awesome to watch. So intelligent football playing by him.

5. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I heard Larsson interviewed on the radio and was asked if there was any possibility he would be at MU until the end of the season. He said that would not happen as the Swedish season restarts in April and their transfer window closes in March so he will have to go back then :)confused: or something like that:confused:). Seems to be a great bit of buisness by SAF.

Anyway, Larsson, a class apart from anybody I have seen in recent years.

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

And how the heck can he play like that after suffering that horrific leg break a few seasons back?!?!? Wow!

7. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

Everyone keeps banging on about youth but look at who scored the two goals!! Larsson and Solksjaer!! Combined age of 78!!!! Seems like a great bit of management from SAF. Better than the £30 million that Chelski splashed out on Shevchenko anyway!!

8. Bungle

Bungle Member

Great player, great signing if only Liverpool could have had him. Apparently his team manager is happy for him to stay until the end of the season. Must be a good deal for his team.

Also Roy who? Getting on alright without him.