"Lakeside" Entertainments Contest - results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Janet Watkins, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Just got in from playing in the above contest.

Placings were as follows:

1. Strata Brass
    2. Shirebrook Miners Welfare
    3. Harborough
    4. Unity Brass
    5. Whitwell Brass
    6. Hawk Green - Marple
    7. Leics Co-op
    Best Soloist: Trombone - Strata
    Best Entertainment - Hawk Green

Many thanks to all the organisers from Carlton Brass and the entertainment provided by Newstead Band prior to the results.
  2. BarneyEuph

BarneyEuph Member

Oh well. Back to the drawing board. Must practice harder for Harrogate in 2 weeks.:oops:
  3. enjoyed today overall, very good music from all bands

Eb Bass
    Carlton Brass
  4. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Just like to thank all the Bands that entered the contest, it was a great days music. Newstead Brass gave us a great concert at the end.
    Here are the full results -

Results of Lakeside Entertainments Contest 2006
    Strata Brass Retain Title
    1. Strata Brass 189 points
    2. Shirebrook Miners Welfare 188 points
    3. The Harborough Band 186 points
    4. Unity Brass
    5. Whitwell Brass
    6. Hawk Green ( Marple ) Band
    7. Leics Co-op
    Best Soloist: Andrew Smith Trombone –Blessed Assurance - Strata Brass
    Best Entertainment - Hawk Green (Marple) Band
  5. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

All most forgot to say thanks to Craig_Baritone he looked good in his new T Shirt !
  6. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Never mind about the result, it was a good day. I thought it was great that all the bands supported each other by listening.
  7. BarneyEuph

BarneyEuph Member

So it was'nt you at the bar in the afternoon then??? :biggrin:
  8. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

I agree it was a really good day.
    I listened to 4 bands and enjoyed all of their performances.
    I think my favorite was the EEb bass player from Hawk Green playing Bass in the Ballroom and wandering around the audience as he played. Especially the bit where he pretended to have lost some music down his bell.
    The concert from Newstead Welfare was also really good.
    It made me realises what a difference there is between 2nd/3rd section and championship section bands!
    And they played my favorite piece of all time - Force of Destiny.
    Thanks to Carlton Brass for arranging it and making sure everything went smoothly.
  9. Hornted

Hornted Member

Newstead Band would just like to say a big thank you to the Carlton Band for asking us to play at the end of the contest.

It was good to see so many bands supporting each other and especially pleasing for us that so many wished us well at the forthcoming finals.

10. postie

postie Member

Congratulations to all the band's in the prizes. But especially to Shirebrook their best contest result for a long time well done.
  11. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

:eek: ..... :rolleyes: ok so I may have slipped in for a quick coke or two but I did hear a few of the bands.
  12. I was the young lad on the door opening it wen each band had finished playing each piece did it for bands one to 4 i think if you seen me speak up !

Eb Carlton Brass